HELP - Poor Cell Coverage, Wifi Calling?
Benson73

Hello all,

We have been Verizon customers for years and am reaching out to this forum as a last resort before jumping to another carrier. We recently moved to a new house and the cell coverage is absolutely terrible. My wife an I both have LTE capable devices and we get one dot of 3G coverage in one small corner of our house. If we don't leave our phones in that room, we get a barrage of texts and missed calls when we drive away and get back to proper coverage. I have never struggled with Verizon service in the past, so I didn't even think to pull out my phone to check coverage when we viewed the house...clearly my mistake.

Does anyone have recommendations on boosting cell coverage in our area or know when Verizon plans to catch-up with other carriers and begin supporting wifi calling?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP - Poor Cell Coverage, Wifi Calling?
Snn5
Legend

Verizon really has no "catch-up" to play, since T-Mobile is the only carrier with active WiFi-Calling right now.  You can try out a wireless network extender, to the tune of $250 from Verizon to use on your high speed Internet ISP, but it's a matter of spending money to get hardware or spending money on an ETF, if any.  You might research other carriers because I doubt Verizon will increase strength in due course of your satisfaction.

0 Likes
Re: HELP - Poor Cell Coverage, Wifi Calling?
Sylandrix

hello,

I just updated my 6+ to IOS 9   as soon as the phone restarted it asked me what wifi network to use for WIFI calling. 

0 Likes