HELP!! My 4G LTE 4510 mifi won't work
covergrl81

Hello.  My mifi has always worked no problem with my laptop, iphone, and ipad.  It still works with no problems with my ipad and iphone, but no longer to my laptop.  The difficulty connecting happened after updating my os to Windows 8.  It was suggested to me by a Verizon agent to udpate my mifi device, but all of the directions for installing and updating drivers I have found have step #1 listed as "connect to the mifi device wirelessly."  I cannot connect to the device wirelessly, so how can I update the device?  I tried to download the updates and install them on the device with the device connected while connected wirelessly to my home wifi. 

Is this a windows 8 problem?   I've gone to the link : http://production.4510.verizon.mifiupdates.com/Windows/MiFi4510LWin.zip , extracted the files, installed the drivers, connected the device with a usb connecting wire, and I'm still unable to connect to the mifi with my laptop.  Meanwhile, it still works on my apple devices. 

I have turned it off and restarted the device completely several times and re-tried the process to no avail.  I have also done a hard reset on the device.  Help!!!! Any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP!! My 4G LTE 4510 mifi won't work
covergrl81

Also, on another note, the

DUU_Verizon_MiFi4510L_FW2.28.02.exe file (when opened), prompts me that no device is detected. 

0 Likes