HELP! Marketing calls are out of hand!
amynadler

So I put myself on the Do Not Call list when it first came out a few years ago.  I don't get unsolicited calls from companies, thank god, but the problem I'm having is this:

I provided my phone number for an online inquiry for student loan assistance about 2-3 months ago.  I spoke with someone the same day, got the info I needed and expected that to be the end of it.  Since then I have been receiving calls EVERY SINGLE DAY from one company or another that provides this service.  It appears I am now on some global marketing list.  I have asked every company to stop calling and delete me from their list but the next day it's another company from another state (or at least they've fooled my caller ID into thinking so).

How do I remove myself from this and get all these people to just leave me alone??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! Marketing calls are out of hand!
Nanhew

WE had the same problem.  Then I found out about a service called "NoMoRoBo".  You can look it up online.  A federal agency sponsored a competition to encourage innovative ways to address unwanted calls. NoMoRoBo won the competition and received a $25k award.   (I think we know that the National Do Not Call List is not effective and apparently not being enforced.) Anyway, the NOMOROBO service is FREE.  Instructions for setting it up are available online.  We are using it in conjunction with our Comcast telephone/internet provider.  It works like a charm on computer-generated marketing calls. Somehow the system detects those calls and diverts them after a single ring.  It is wonderful, effective, and FREE!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Nomorobo isn't compatible with all wireless carriers at this time.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Nomorobo isn't compatible with ANY wireless carriers at this time.