HELP! ! Getting run around from customer service....how can I escalate?
CARSAM63

I called on May 31 to ask if I drop a line (I had four lines) would it affect my bonus data promotion that was given to me in Feb.  The customer service rep specifically told me that dropping the line would not affect my plan or bonus data.  I decided to drop the line and the next day my bonus data was gone.  I called on June 1 and told another rep about my issue and she told me she would submit a form to get my bonus data back.  I should hear back within 24 to 72 hours.  I did not and called back on June 6.  Another rep told me the wrong form was filled out and he would send an email to the marketing dept to get this issue resolved.  He would get back to me within 24 to 48 hours.  Again, no call back.  So, today, Jun 8, I called back and spoke to yet another rep who told me there was nothing they could do about my original bonus data.  They offered a third of the data I originally had.  I asked to speak to a manager and the manager basically said the same thing.  She said the original rep made a mistake and there's nothing they can do to add the promotion back to my account.  I did my due diligence to verify the changes I was making would not impact my plan or bonus data and was given incorrect information from a Verizon rep and now Verizon is refusing to honor the original promotion.  I'm being penalized for a mistake one of their employees made.

I would like to escalate this issue to the next level but was told there was nowhere else to go.  Can someone please help me resolve this issue or give me info on how to escalate up the food chain?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! ! Getting run around from customer service....how can I escalate?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

IIt's called customer service for a reason. That's where you go for customer service issues. Meanwhile they are absolutely correct. U have to maintain your half of the bargain to maintain a promO. If you go to the contact us link you will see an address to write to, but I doubt if you get it back. Best wishes

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What did you do to originally get the bonus data? Was it for upgrading a phone on a line? What line did you cancel? Was it the line which got the bonus data? Did you also lower your data allowance when you cancelled the line? When you called in to ask if you "drop a line", did you also mention which line your were planning to drop? You don't give much information here.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARSAM63, we want you to have your data and use it too. I am sorry about the miss-communication regarding your bonus data. If the bonus data was added or based on the line that you had disconnected. Then we would have to reconnect the line, in order to get the data re-added.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CARSAM63

Ralph

Thanks for responding. The bonus data was offered as a loyalty bonus. When they offered the bonus they did not tell me it was associated with a certain line. The bonus was added in Feb of this year and there were no other changes made.

When I decided to drop the line, which was added about a year ago, I called to verify that dropping the line would not affect my plan or specifically the bonus data. I was assured by the rep that dropping the line would not affect anything with the plan or the bonus data. After calling inquiring why I lost the data, I was told that the data was associated with the line that was dropped. After asking to talk to a manager, I was informed the rep made a mistake not knowing the bonus was associated with the dropped line. So, a Verizon rep makes a mistake and I, the customer, have to pay for that mistake by losing my data.

If adding a line back to my account is the only way to get the bonus data back I'm willing to do that. But the phone number I dropped was released and is being used by my son. Also, I do not want to be charged any fees to add back a line.

I'm responding by email because i forgot my password and I can't reset my password to the community website.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this issue resolved. We will send a private message so we can discuss the account in detail.

NoahS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: HELP! !  Getting run around from customer service....how can I escalate?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You would have to reinstate that particular number not simply readd a line. Besides with the cost associated with the per month line charge you could simply increase your plan. Problem solved.

0 Likes
dawgmatic67

NoahS_VZW,

This is CARSAM63 (I had to create another profile because I'm having issues resetting my password).  Please PM me so we can discuss this issue.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries dawgmatic67 / CARSAM63 . Thanks for reaching out to us again about your account concerns. I have sent you a private message so that we can get started with investigating your account concerns. We simply need to gather some information. You can also reach us via Chat or social media.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes