Re: HELP!! A week later, and I still can't receive calls after porting my number back to Verizon!!!!
Snn5
Legend

Boost does the porting just like any other carrier:  You stand there and sign a form, confirm an account number from the previous carrier and then they port as you watch.  NOW, if you don't port in, you get a new number.  If someone cancelled a line and the number was released then a new customer could grab that number.  No way I can think of for someone to port in an active Verizon number with no PIN.  Even if you never set one, the last 4 of the SSN or last 4 of the phone # usually suffice.  I just think I'm missing something here.

Re: HELP!! A week later, and I still can't receive calls after porting my number back to Verizon!!!!
TheodoreHouston
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know it's crazy. I am telling you... I don't know how, or why, this happened. I was on a call when my number was ported. The lady who ported it had a near identical number. Her area code was 252 and mine 352... our numbers are the same. She didn't even know her own account number. She was porting to Boost from Straight Talk. I was, and am still, a Verizon customer.

0 Likes
TheodoreHouston
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just like you are not understanding, neither am I. This is what I've been dealing with the last week. It was an error at Boost's store level, and Verizon gave me my PIN after this occurred. I didn't even know it to begin with... 😕

It's a mess, ALLLLLL the way around, and I'm sitting here with a phone that doesn't receive calls in as a result.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I can't even begin to understand.  Good luck.

TheodoreHouston
Enthusiast - Level 2

SAME HERE! I didn't know my number was ported until the friend I was talking to when my number was ported came by Saturday morning. She told me everything she learned from the girl trying to port her number. I confirmed it all then after. My phone was turned off, during a call, on Friday evening. My friend called back to the lady the rest of that evening - starting a few hours later - to decipher the issue. She pieced together the problem. She worked at AT&T for ten years so she is pretty tech savvy with phones. Yet, then came the nightmare of trying to explain all of this to Middle Easterner's who could not even understand my basic English. A week later, and still nothing. I still have a half a number.

0 Likes
TheodoreHouston
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know. I wouldn't understand any of it IF it weren't my for my dear friend. She now believes that the Boost account was terminated prematurely before the port was complete. The rest is still a mystery as to how Verizon would just give my number to a stranger in SC.

0 Likes
TheodoreHouston
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't realize that this was a user only forum. I posted here for reps, not for people. A rep emailed me asking for my number, and for my PIN. That's why I am here. That's why I've tagged departments in my post.

0 Likes
TheodoreHouston
Enthusiast - Level 2

Plus, honestly trying to explain this to you, and listening to your questions, is what I deal with every time I call in. I came here hoping a competent corporate member would see my issue. I was also hoping that when it's solved, should similar situation occur in the future... people would have an idea of what to do - what steps to take. If no one came to these forums, and just gave up due to complexity, we would never see advancement. We'd never see progress. It's not something that happens often, I get that, but I'm also *not giving away my 10 year old number to Verizon via their error in improperly validating my account prior to a port I didn't authorize. Even the Verizon rep at the corporate store said he's only seen this once in over a decade. So, I know it's possible. My issue is the fact that I'm still only left with half an account, and half a number. I came here for all intensive purposes to solve this. I'm not interested in theories that may have caused this. I know you don't understand, but I need assistance. I thought that's what THIS community was for... whether it's advice, actual help, ideas, or a solution.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Just trying to comprehend all of this makes my head hurt... 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Let me see if I get this straight.

Your number is 352-123-4567 and this mystery woman's number is 252-123-4567? The port process works weirdly. This is how it goes, at least when you port to VZW. You give them your number and verifying information (account number andPIN). If it doesn't match, the new phone will still make calls and send and receive texts and data and the old phone will receive calls. Until VZW is able to verify all of the information, account number and PIN, the VZW phone won't work properly.

If I am understanding fully, this mystery lady has a phone that makes calls and sends and receives text messages on the Boost network using your phone number but you have the phone that receives calls on the VZW network. Is this correct? Is your VZW phone post paid or pre paid?

0 Likes