Group Text Messaging
Rickster1951

Hello,

I have two questions:  1) When setting up a group text, is it possible to have replies come to me only as opposed to having each one seen by the entire group? 2) While I know how to add and delete individual group members, how can I delete the group itself?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Text Messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s definitely important to better understand how group messaging works, Rickster1951. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have. Sadly, there is no way to have replies only reach you when setting up a group text message. They will always go to the group, unless those individual's message you separately outside of the group message.

So we can help answer question two, we would need to gather some additional details. What make/model phone are you using? What messaging application are you using?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rljablon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same question about deleting a group.

I have an LG V30 and use Message+ (the red one, right?).

I hit the pencil icon to start a text. I hit "Create New Group." I populated the group.

How do I delete the group?

It seems to be in a different place than the rest of contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to have a hard time using our messaging application rljablon. Here is a link with information on using this application https://vz.to/2mfvYrp . I will list the steps below for deleting a conversation/group message.

To delete conversations:

1. To delete an individual conversation, touch and hold the conversation you want to delete.
    2. Tap Delete Conversation.
    3. To delete multiple conversations, tap the Navigation Menu icon in the top-left corner at the Conversation List level.
    4. Tap Delete Conversations.
    5. Check the boxes next to the conversations you want to delete.

Note: Tap Select All to delete all conversations.
    6. Tap Delete.

You've successfully deleted a conversation.

Please let us know if this information is helpful. 

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes