Grandfathered Unlimited plan question
kc0mlt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any truth to the story of Verizon changing the charge to $49.99 on the grandfathered Unlimited data plans? If so when does this really take effect?

Labels (1)
Re: Grandfathered Unlimited plan question
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

We'll know how true it is when we receive letters in the mail on the change. But allegedly it will begin around November 15th if I remember correctly.

0 Likes
xerosanity
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes its true. It will take effect 11/15/14 to a prior notice on 10/15/15.

This will apply to thise on a month to month plan. If you are on a 2 year contract tou are safe until it ends. Corporate,  government,  and alltel plans are immune to this change.

This $20 hike is bs but im still keeping my unlimited.  Tether your 4g from your phone using foxfi if your phone is supported and not blocked. Lower your home internet bill and offset the cost. Good luck.

BuzzSwitch
Enthusiast - Level 1

File a complaint with the FCC and FTC for deceptive business practices. Verizon was telling you that you can keep a plan if you pay full price for phone($0-200 versus $650-950) then raising data cost 66% after they have tricked you into phones that will only work on Verizon and multiple sales reps have confirmed that you can keep same plan until you choose to change to new plans. I am going to file FCC/FTC/BBB/AG complaints and there needs to be more people for them to take notice, and it is pretty easy to file.

Snn5
Legend

If you are out of contract then there is no price guarantee.  At that point as long as you pay you get service and stay on the same plan as you have been on.  Price is not part of that after contract.

BuzzSwitch
Enthusiast - Level 1

While this may be legally gray, ethically it is completely deceptive to tell consumers the can ‘keep’ something then almost double the price after they have committed to equipment.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

They did keep unlimited data.  They never said you could keep your rate.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Besides, unlimited data is a FEATURE, not something contractual. So it can change at any time. If you want to play, you have to pay. It is what it is. They can change unlimited data to whatever price they want, and you can switch to whatever provider you want. Real talk.

Snn5
Legend

And, they can change any feature for which you have no agreement for as well.

logain
Enthusiast - Level 1

This price increase is BS. If it weren't for the fact that VZW is the only thing that works decent around here, and my company discount, I would be dropping my service, and looking elsewhere. Tired of VZW's greed and total disregard for its long time customers.