Google your number??
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Pandemic boredom has led to some craziness!

A few months ago I googled my phone number.  First off let me say I have had this same cell number since 1995 when Verizon was Ameritech and we all had bag phones!   In earlier times a find a cell number site would say that my number was a Verizon number and give a general location most probably linked to my area code and prefix.

To my surprise a month or so ago a boredom search showed my number linked to another name???  This woman is linked to my state and also an adjacent one, definitely not my area.  Thanks to the internet I know quite a bit about her.  I have texted the numbers that are also linked to her but heard nothing.

What is more disturbing is the fact that this number was ALWAYS mine!  Back in 95 recycling numbers was not an issue.   I do feel if it was listed erronously by her that it would not be ALL over the internet search.  Multiple people search sites.

I also searched FB but nothing for my number was found and I have always keep number and email on my account private.

Anyone else have this issue?  

0 Likes
Re: Google your number??
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Let me add, the reason this came to my attention was the months before the election I would get spam political texts, always starting with "Hi Pam" which is not my name....

0 Likes