Re: Goodbye Verizon, Enough is Enough
Retireed220
Enthusiast - Level 1

First of all Verizon was incorporated in the 80's as part of the Baby Bell's.  I have been a wireless customer since 1996; so weather they went under the name of Bell Atlantic or Verizon at that time is irrelavant.

Second, the program was always free to me based on my needs and I was happy with it.

Third I have it in writing from Verizon customer service representatives that because of my Corporate discount I  cannot use my $30 loyalty reward.  If you were able to use your's , more power to you.

Fourth, I have no interest in hearing any more of you rhetoric; so please do not respond to this post.

Basically, all I wanted to do was vent.  As far as I'm concerned this is a dead issue. 

Second of all the

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Retireed220 wrote:

First of all Verizon was incorporated in the 80's as part of the Baby Bell's.  I have been a wireless customer since 1996; so weather they went under the name of Bell Atlantic or Verizon at that time is irrelavant.

Verizon Communications started operations in 2000 after a merger between Bell Atlantic Mobile and GTE Wireless. To say they were around before this, would be equivalent to saying they were ALSO around before the Baby Bells as people were still receiving service before the breakup into Baby Bells since it was a different company before the breakup, just as it was a different company after the merger.

Second, the program was always free to me based on my needs and I was happy with it.

It was also NOT free to several other people who wanted a more advanced device which was more expensive than the discount which was provided by the program. No different than it is today.

Third I have it in writing from Verizon customer service representatives that because of my Corporate discount I  cannot use my $30 loyalty reward.  If you were able to use your's , more power to you.

I would try a different Verizon store, as that is not their policy. Maybe you have a special discount which is greater than most corporate discounts. I receive a 22% discount and have always been able to use the NE2 credit. Do they give a reason why you cannot get the discount now as opposed to giving it to you in the past?

Fourth, I have no interest in hearing any more of you rhetoric; so please do not respond to this post.

Then there is no reason to respond to this post.

0 Likes
Not applicable

soontobeattagain wrote:

I wonder how many accounts around here are Verizon associated but pretending otherwise? I can't imagine customers so vehemently defending a company they don't work for.....

None. Some of us just don't like people who whine or are just plain ignorant and/or don't take ANY responsibility for their issues. For example if Verizon overbills someone for a year. Sure that Verizon's fault. But the person complaining also is at fault for not checking his bill for a year. To suggest to that person that they start checking their bills every month you'd think you asked them to kill their own mother. Apparently that would require too much effort and they wish to live in a world were they can blindly pay their bill without having to worry about checking it to see if it's incorrect. The fact if if the people with issues would due their due diligence BEFOREHAND 95% of the problems that are posted on this board would disappear.

0 Likes