Re: Goodbye Verizon, Enough is Enough
mattyshore
Contributor - Level 1

I have been with Verizon for over 14 years and i think im about to walk. they also have refused to release terms and conditions of original contracts with the grandfathered plans. i truly feel they have breached millions of contracts. i will continue to investigate and if possible class action lawsuit will follow

Psycho
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are gertting out too. So much greed. I guess we will go to prepaid plans. I think there are gonna be many phones for sell soon on ebay and craigslist. Enough to keep us in new phones for years and years. By the time the dust settles from this, Verizon will be a much kindler, gentler company. Smaller too, like it was when I first decided to use them instead of the others. Time to shop around again.

tootsietootoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to love Verizon.  I have had my phone for many years, no bells and whistles, just calls and receives and takes picts.

I would love a new one with the better picture ability but do not want to pay for the data plan.  Just will use my digital.

Just got out of my contract and not about to sign another.

I am even loyal to Verizon even though I retired from Ma Bell/AT&T after 32 years.  Why does every company in American have to be so greedy?  Just adding to the downfall of this great country, can no one see this?

eriknokc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called VZW customer service last night. They said the fees to cancel my service for all four of my lines would be $490. I am eligible for an upgrade next month and so here are my options...

1. Upgrade and be forced to switch from Unlimited Data to 2GB and pay the same price. I usually average about 2.5GB but sometimes periodically see 4.5GB usage when there is an iOS upgrade and all the apps have updates. So I would see $10+ overages on a regular basis, plus I would be charged a $30 upgrade fee.
  2. Upgrade and be forced to switch to the new Shared Data Plan and pay $45 more per month for only 2GB of data. Over a 2 year contract I would pay $1080 more than I am currently paying plus have overages, and I would be charged a $30 upgrade fee.
  3. By a new phone at full retail price, which usually is about $650, so I can keep my Unlimited Data.

In many ways, cancellation is a better deal. It's cheaper than buying a new phone, it's cheaper than the new Shared Data plan, other companies offer unlimited data, and you get away from the corporate greed of Verizon Wireless.

Glennmovingtosprint
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for at least 15 years, I have convinced my family to go to Verizon, I have looked into Sprint, they have the unlimited data and it will end up cheaper for me to tak my business to them. I see this happen all the time when a company forgets who keeps them in business, I hope there is a massive amount of people that leave Verizon, I am stuck with them until december, as soon as my contract is up I'm gone.

angrybird2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seriously, why do companies only care about ripping off loyal customers?

tbui
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally agree here. We're not traveling that often. No need to pay for all their BS coverage marketing anymore. And they treat us like stupid sheep that are ready to be slaughtered at anytime they want.

0 Likes
deekay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow@!  There seems to be a huge amount of unhappy customers!  I guess the service isn't all that is needed to keep people.

Maybe some acknowledgement that we are in a recession and everything is going up in price except our paychecks (if we are lucky to have a job at all).  So these companies keep telling us.  I have to watch every dollar spent and the added cost with Verizion is not worth it.  I am opting out!  Am done after 12 yrs with them.

tbui
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're thinking to walk when our contract is up too. All the craps about increasing ARPU to greedy Wall St investors. WTF? Are we paying them enough? They've been making billions of profits over the years, paying their chiefs millions of bonuses, and they want to fork out more money from our depleted pockets. F..k them!

asdfasdfasdf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 1 smartphone with unlimited data and 3 dumb phones.  We are on the Family Plan with 700 minutes and unlimited messaging.  Still trying to figure out how this affects me.  I used their calculator and it says that based on my needs, a new shared plan will cost close to $200 vs the $140 I pay now.  I don't need to "share" data!  I am the only one that uses it!

Even though I am eligible to upgrade my iPhone 4 in October, I wasn't intending on upgrading then.  I'm happy with it and will keep it until it dies.  I read that if I do upgrade to another smartphone, I LOSE my unlimited data.

What I need to know is will I be able to keep my current plan and features providing I don't upgrade my smartphone?  What if I replace one of the dumb phones with a new dumb phone?

0 Likes