Re: Goodbye Verizon, Enough is Enough
deekay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree with you!  I have been a customer for 10+ yrs and see the fees just keep going up with no end in sight!!  I truly believe prepay is the way to go.  No hidden fees other than paying for the phone outright!!

deekay
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should be grandfathered in on the data.  If your plan already has the unlimited data then your upgrade on your phone should not change your plan!

Sandman_CA
Contributor - Level 2

Good comments. I too have been a Verizon customer for years. But this final slap in the face is it for me. First, the stupid $30 "upgrade" fee for the "privilege" of buying a new phone from Verizon, and now this absurdity.

As I mentioned in another thread, I am researching other companies' prepaid plans now, and I fully intend to be gone within a couple of weeks, at most. And I won't encounter cancellation penalties as our 3-line plan is more than 2 years old.

I have grown weary of "data" and its rising costs and caps, and will purposely look for a voice/text plan only. Enough.

eriknokc
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a HUGE FAIL! I calculated my current plan vs the new plan and I will be paying $42 more per month and I will go from Unlimited Data to 2GB per month. Now that's some corporate greed!

Unfortunately I just upgraded one of the lines on my account. As the contracts expire, my other lines will not be upgraded and I will slowly move them to another carrier. New plans should save customers money, not cost more!

deekay
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL! DO THEY REALLY BELIEVE THAT WE ARE SO DUMP!

I unfortunately renewed 2 of my phones for the kids over the holiday but my mother and I are out and they will be when theirs runs out as well.  I have called and have complained till I'm blue in the face and they are right, those poor customer service reps that have to hear it all, there is nothing they can do.  It is corporate decisions that are made and it is the little people that suffer.  Shame on them!  They are not that good!!  Monopolizing is not working for them!!

jacksoneng
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will be grandfathered only if you purchase the phone (retail) without a contract or renew before June 28. I am waiting for the new iphone or new samsung galaxy and if I cannot stick with my unlimited data, I don't see a reason to stay with verizon.

All the loyal customers are getting screwed here.

redillon68
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got five lines, three with data (one is 300MB) and two dumb phones and it would cost me at least $25/month more to have the same service I do now (well, except I'd have shared data and not have to keep my 3G off most of the time; which is another point about requiring data plans on non-contract/subsidized phones but that's a whole different thread).  In order for this to be of benefit to me I'd have to cut one of my kids off from the plan (which we've considered since they're out of the house now) but that shouldn't be how you have to look at the "value" of the (not worth it) plan.

jm98224
Enthusiast - Level 2

My account is eligible to upgrade on June 30th.  Go figure.  I feel like I'm being screwed big time. I'll be asking for an early upgrade.  If they give me it, they keep me for two more years.  If they don't, I keep my current phone and I port out at the end of October.  I will use prepaid.

dan_floyd

These guys have the right idea. Hopefully they can execute properly.

http://www.republicwireless.com.

0 Likes
doyling
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sort of reminds me of when Netflix raised their prices and played with their tiers. 800,000 subscribers canceling their accounts and the stock price halving gave them a wake up. Lets remind them how people vote with their wallets.