Goodbye Verizon, Enough is Enough
bgudgel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for seven years now. I have defended them and recommended them to friends and family, but I feel my time as a Verizon customer has come to an end. The simple reason is that Verizon no longer sees me as a valued customer. I am just a source of income to them. I was prepared to swallow the $30 upgrade fee, but the new shared data plans are the final straw.

You can argue pricing and details all you want, but the simple fact is this - Verizon is clearly not interested in providing great service at fair prices to their customers anymore. The want to provide great service at the highest possible price, and they are taking pages out of the Big Cable handbook to do it - requiring services you don't want/need in order to get the service that you actually do. And on top of that, the price levels they have chosen for data thresholds and adding additional lines are completely indefensible.

Verizon, I have heard your message loud and clear. You no longer care about me as a customer, so I will gladly take my business somewhere else. I do not know if I can get a better deal anywhere else, but I will no longer give money to you based on the simple principle that you have no respect for your loyal customers. It feels like you are just using us, and that is when I say goodbye.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Goodbye Verizon, Enough is Enough
Keitarou
Contributor - Level 1

Same here. Unfortunately, I'm stuck until November of next year. If I have to pay full price to keep unlimited, I might as well go get prepaid.

amrasmu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm with you.  My contract is up next year and I'm pretty sure I'll be gone.  I put up with a lot of the extra fees, but I'm single and don't use any devices other than my smartphone.  These plans will cost me $20 a month more than I'm paying now for less data.  I'll be shopping around.  I've been loyal to Verizon, because of their coverage, clarity, and service, but it's just not worth it, anymore.

igovirginmobile
Contributor - Level 1

Best solution that I know of Smiley Happy. Unfortunately before I noticed the Bloat ware and extra charges, I signed a two year contract... Smiley Sad  The bad news is I checked and Sprint and AT&T have exactly the same problems. None of these companies listen to their customer and solve their problems.

jacksoneng
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contract is already up. My phone is two years old and it's starting to act up on me. I was waiting on the new phones (New iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy III) to come out but I am starting to think twice about renewing with Verizon. I have also been with Verizon for about 8 years or so and my wife has been with Verizon for 12 years.

I remember several years back, I had the $5 dollar unlimited texting, and they took it away when I upgraded to a new phone. So I had to switch to the $10 unlimited texting plan. Then when I lost my phone and renewed 2 years ago, my texting went from $10 unlimited to $10 for 1000 text messages.

Now you're going to take away my unlimited data as well? Enough is definitely enough. I will keep my phone for as long as I can until it breaks. If Verizon Wirless won't allow me to keep my unlimited data, then I'm moving on. 

brianandgaan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Believe it or not, I was actually coming around on the shared data plans. However, after looking at the new pricing plan, this doesn't help anyone unless you have 3 or more data devices. For a single data user at the moment, I find this pricing plan atrocious! I was even considering adding another device for my wife, but this would raise my bill more than the $30 if I added the current 2gb plan!

FloridaDad
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is called the ultimate "screw the customer" approach....this is absolutely horrible. I was looking forward to something reasonable, this is terrible what they came up with!!!

jacksoneng
Enthusiast - Level 2

I definitely agree with you. My wife and I are actually on separate plans still. My also wife streams videos and music from her phone. If they take that away, I'm almost 100% sure they will lose a lot of customers. I would say my wife use at least 3-4GB a month. Share plan starting at $90 with 1 gigabyte is not going to do it for me.

dragonking37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, always there advertising for VZ and just got the $30 upgrade charge for upgrading my wife's phone. Not happy about the eventual cancelation of unlimited plans on our phones either. Called VZ and they said they are just trying to keep up with the other carriers that charge this upgrade fee. I told them they should be better than the competition not try to be the same. Seriously VZ, hear the masses. We are not happy at all with your money hungry path you have choosen. I will not be telling potential customers how wonderful your service is and I will also look forward to seeing you fail. I will looking into canceling early, paying my early exit fee and being done with you. Sorry to hear you decided to dump on your customers. The ones who put you where you are today and the same ones who will put you back where you were in the beggining. When will you people ever learn. Take care of the customers and give them the best deal you can and they will stay with and support you. Screw them over and you will feel their wrath.

manhattanproj
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm with you on this. nothing about the new "shared data" pricing is reasonable. verizon understood the trend is toward data consumption, so what do they do? they load up on you through that. may as well put up a sign that says, hi we're just gonna take money from your wallet, goodbye.

but the problem is, there aren't too many alternatives out there right now in the marketplace. sprint - yet have 4G. att - service is sketchy. t-mobile - same as att. you have some smaller companies but depends on where you live. so what do you have? verizon understands that and it shows in their pricing.

pretty much, verizon is telling its customers take it in the bottom or leave. what consumers really need is a southwest/jet blue/virgin like telecom company.