Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,440 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Getting the "...your call cannot be completed as dialed." error message?
artistmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue and have for almost a week. Phone bill paid, no issues with billing. It will happen with any number I dial, not a specific number.

Labels (1)
Re: Getting the "...your call cannot be completed as dialed." error message?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

artistmom, We're happy you've brought this concern to our attention. It'll be our pleasure to help resolve this matter in a timely manner. Can you please tell us if you're still having these issues? Also, is this on every single call, or does it come and go? We hope to hear back soon!

0 Likes
Alekj87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue for a YEAR now.

Error message: The time available for this call is unlimited. Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number, and dial again! Announcement for 31443. Then it proceeds to ring as dialed!!!!!!

I dont expect Verizon to care enough to make right all my wasted time, but please help me fix it. If i must call someone, give me a number and i will call someone. Otherwise, maybe contact me via email or phone. Verizon should have all that info...

Thanks,

Alek

ch6
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Alekj87 wrote:

I have had the same issue for a YEAR now.

Error message: The time available for this call is unlimited. Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number, and dial again! Announcement for 31443. Then it proceeds to ring as dialed!!!!!!

I dont expect Verizon to care enough to make right all my wasted time, but please help me fix it. If i must call someone, give me a number and i will call someone. Otherwise, maybe contact me via email or phone. Verizon should have all that info...

Thanks,

Alek

I've been getting the same error message with every call I make,  o matter where I am. I've called customer service and twice they don't understand what I'm talking about. I'm almost to the point of switching carriers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure we are able to get this resolved for you as soon as possible, ch6. What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Have you updated your carrier settings? Also, resetting your network settings may help as well. Here is a link to our troubleshooting assistant on the website: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/.

JeffreyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
karmakay111111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Clearing my phone cache fixed mine. I was getting the same message suddenly for every number I dialed after my plan renewed. I had to look up how to clear the system cache, but it worked for my phone. Hope this helps someone because it was very frustrating. Couldn't get through to customer service via chat or phone. Just look up how to clear your phone partition cache : )

0 Likes
TRINAV0

I am now having this problem I cannot call out to just my doctors office from my phone. I am able to call from other phones the number is correct

0 Likes
Toonces2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve had this problem for several days with several different phone numbers that all happen to be Skype numbers but they are numbers I call frequently so this is actually very annoying. I didn’t change any settings, I made sure I’m not blocked on the other end. I rebooted the phone. I’m not about to delete these contacts and re-enter them as there are several different ones. I find that ridiculous as the other phone numbers in these same contacts work. Does Verizon just not like Skype numbers? I need this sorted ASAP. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Toonces2001! We know it is essential to be able to complete calls while using Skype, and we want to help you in the best way possible. Can you tell us a little more? Does this happen in a particular location? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Toonces2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

So it’s not while using Skype, it happens when I dial a specific number that happen to be a Skype phone number. I’ve tried three different Skype numbers that I know of and it happens with all three. It has never been a problem before but now it happens all the time regardless of where I’m located or whether I’m connected to a WiFi connection or not. I know I’m not blocked on the other end with these numbers and that wouldn’t make sense since it’s three different numbers. I’ve tried rebooting the phone, no change. I’ve checked my own phone to make sure I didn’t block these numbers, and nothing. I need this fixed as one is a number I call you extremely frequently and now can’t do so from my cell phone. A work-around is a pain.  I find this extremely inconvenient and ridiculous for a cell phone and plan I pay a hefty sum for monthly. 

0 Likes