Getting Rid of Backup Assistant?
Pegleg

How do I get rid of the $5/month charge?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting Rid of Backup Assistant?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Canceling or removing Backup Assistant

NoteCanceling a Backup Assistant subscription or removing it deletes the application from the handset completely. Airtime / megabyte charges apply while removing a subscribed application. Images may vary depending on the handset model.

1. From the main screen, press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose MENU.
    Main screen
  2. Select Media Center (Get It Now) then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
  3. Select Browse & Download then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
  4. Select Backup Assistant then press the right soft key to choose Options.
  5. Select Cancel Subscription then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
  6. Select Yes then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Backup Assistant isn't $5/month. In fact, you shouldn't be charged at all for Backup Assistant if you have a MyVerizon account. if you are seeing a $5/month charge under Get It Now downloads then it may be the Mobile Email application, or some other application or even game. Check the Browse & Download, Games and Tools on the Go menus to find any applications that may be installed on your phone. 

Nearly every application can be removed in the same manner that Backup Assistant can. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pegleg wrote:

How do I get rid of the $5/month charge?

First of all, chile is right - Backup Assistant does not cost $5 a month - that charge has got to be for something else.

Second, I would not recommend getting rid of Backup Assistant - it's FREE with a MyVerizon account, and both BA and a MyVerizon account are very good things to have and cost you nothing.  Find out what the $5 is for and get rid of that if necessary, but don't get rid of BA!

0 Likes
mbscpa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everytime i connect the phone to the computer I am connected to the verizon website and get an annoying commercial message from Verizon re Backup Assistant Plus. How do I get rid of this?

PatsyInPA

I have an LG Cosmos2, got rid of as many apps as I could today (I will NEVER use any of them!) but some of them do not have Delete as an option (Bing is one of them). Why can not get rid of the others?

0 Likes