Galaxy 5s -Phone speeds at G3 after tower search
Clang20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dialed *228 to do a tower search and acidently hit 1 and activated phone by mistake and now 3g is the best it can do. Phone is set to global and I'm not sure if that normal or not. I Reset the sim card and did the partcian wipe.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy 5s -Phone speeds at G3 after tower search
Clang20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had to change out the sim card for this.

After that I  starting having a odd issue with it allways conecting itself to wiif - had to delete the advast apps to get rid of the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I might choose LTE/CDMA not global.  *228 is for older 3G phones without SIM cards for updating the PRL.  What you might try is powering down, removing battery if possible, remove SIM.  Wait 5 min and reassemble.  The SIM gets your PRL instead of *228.

Clang20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did all that you suggested still wants to be on g3.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you go to an area you know has LTE and you still get 3G, you might have oopsed yourself here.  Ease on down to a corporate store and have them take a look.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snn5, We want you to get the signal that you have come to count on. When you go to the Apps, settings, Mobile Networks, Roaming, is this set to allow for all trips? If not, please change this so that it is as this allows the phone to access the available towers and get you that stronger signal.

If this is set correctly, as we know that you have tried the reset and are on the correct network, we would want to change your sim card so that we can get you connected at the sppeds that you need. This can be sent via the mail or you may stop into the local Verizon store for a new card today.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Clang20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had to change out the sim card for this.

After that I  starting having a odd issue with it allways conecting itself to wiif - had to delete the advast apps to get rid of the issue.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Glad that worked!

0 Likes