GPRS settings?
clarkey696
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey All, I wonder if any of you can help me, I have built a Linux based single board computer that uses a Sierra Wireless Aircard 320u. To make this work on the Verizon network i require the following information: Username, Password, entry point - (usually a server or key word). These settings are the same ones that are used for old school GPRS WAP. Can anyone help???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GPRS settings?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless doesn't use the GPRS type network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

clarkey696
Enthusiast - Level 2

APN SETTINGS?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless uses CDMA and LTE networks.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

clarkey696
Enthusiast - Level 2

ah ok, this is the sort of thing that i am after -

Name: Verizon

APN: internet or vzwinternet

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: not set

Password: not set

Server:Not set

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 012

Authentication type: not set

APN type: internet or mms

is the info i have above current and correct?? or am i missing something?

Thanks for your help 🙂 its greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have no idea. APN settings are not something a Verizon Wireless customer modifies at all on their devices. Are you sure this device is even compatible with the Verizon Wireless network?

0 Likes
clarkey696
Enthusiast - Level 2

the usb dongle i am using does cover the Verizon spectrum so it should work, providing i have the right settings. I have managed to get this working with other operators in the UK, but the settings are published more freely on the internet.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just because the device supports the radio frequencies used by Verizon Wireless does not mean it is supported by Verizon Wireless. The IMEI number of the device needs to be in their database of compatible devices. For example, you can't use iPhone 5s purchased in England on the Verizon Wireless network.

0 Likes
clarkey696
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really? I find that a little odd?

so for example if i had an unlocked phone, i couldn't just go buy a Verizon sim and install/crack on?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you could not.

0 Likes