Frustrated with the website
Murphelf

I've been trying to buy a phone for a family member for Christmas and add them to my line. I had been planning on doing the trade-in promotion I had seen on the website, and even advertised on TV last week, so that I could afford it. Last week I went to purchase the phone, and the promotion was no longer listed on the website. So I contacted costumer service asking if they knew if/when the promotion would return and was told, slightly rudely, that there was no way that they could know that. It seems as though someone would know when promotions are running, they don't come from nowhere. When I contacted costumer services a different way, I was treated much kinder, but still told the best I could do is to keep checking because promotions change all the time.

So I've continued to check every day to see if it would be back. This morning I checked on my phone as I was getting ready for work, and I saw "Switch now and get $300 off iPhone, on us." I was so excited! I could finally get him a phone!

But when I click on it, it takes me to the "buy one get one" iPhones. I don't want two iPhones, I only need one. I find it incredibly frustrating that the website still advertised the deal that I wanted, when it actually doesn't exist.

Verizon, please start keeping track of your promotions. For instance, don't advertise something on TV that will not be available within a day or two. And make sure that your website is actually up to date!

Is there any hope that the promotion that is showing up on your website on my phone (though not when I go to the website on my computer!) will come back? Has anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Frustrated with the website
Murphelf

Here's the screenshot of what the website said on my phoneImage from iOS.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should also look at the terms of the promotion when you click on the circle with the "i" inside to see exactly what the promotion requirements are.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Murphelf

The terms are the same as they were before, doesn't say anything that would make it seem like it no longer works for the new iPhones (especially when it says that iPhone XS and iPhone XR are included!)... Thanks for the suggestion. My confusion continues!Image from iOS (1).png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you have a phone activated on another carrier’s network that you could trade-in? Was it in good working and cosmetic condition? Were you going to add a new line of service to your account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
laurenc_vzw
Verizon Employee

It's important to take advantage of the offer you really want, Murphelf. We're glad to assist with your device concerns. I'm disappointed to hear about your experience when contacting customer service. You deserve nothing but respect and a great interaction every time. I'm truly sorry this did not happen. I can understand that it would be easier to have information regarding our promotions ahead of time. However, we are not provided details as to which promotions will be running and when so we will not be able to provide this information in advance. We will advertise new sales on television and on our website to keep our customers in the loop. These offers will show at the time the offer is running, we will not run advertisements after the promotion has ended.

You are still able to add a line of service and trade in a device for a $300 credit. Please sign into My Verizon, then select Devices>Add A Line. Once you have added the new device to your shopping cart, you will see a section for Trade In Your Device just under the picture of your phone. Please select the button to Trade In A Device Now to get started. You will be redirected to the trade in website where you'll see the $300 credit promotion under all qualifying models. There are even some devices that have a higher trade in value than $300. You may enter the device information at this time during checkout or you can reply to the trade in email that we will send you after activating your new line of service. Does this help clarify things for you?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the
Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes