From 4 bars to NO SERVICE?
BC1130
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a rant! 

I live in a rural area, NOT remote, rural.  A few years ago we got 3-4 signal bars but service has steadily fallen. A few months ago, the signal would intermittently drop from 4g and go down to 3g and 1x!  We could no longer use our Jet Pac Mifi so we canceled the service on it.  I waisted my time a couple of times calling CS and Verizon technicians to complain about the service.  Now we most often have NO SERVICE!!!  VERIZON SERVICE STINKS! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: From 4 bars to NO SERVICE?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BC1130, having service is key no matter where you live. Please allow us the opportunity to get to the bottom of this. You mentioned that you used to have strong signal, have there been changes to the area? For example new subdivisions, businesses, increased population? Does this happen indoors or out? How far from this location do you need to travel before there is a change in the signal? What make and model phone do you have? 

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: From 4 bars to NO SERVICE?
BC1130
Enthusiast - Level 1

When we had a solid 4 bars was YEARS ago when we first became Verizon customers and it was still 3G speed.  When 4G was supposed to have begun here, the service became less reliable and it has steadily fallen. Currently, whether inside or outside the signal fluctuates.  Using the Signal Status/Strength in Settings on my Galaxy Note 4 the signal OUTSIDE in the strongest area facing where the nearest tower is located, (which is about 6 miles away,) varies from -95dBm to -121dBm.  Inside the signal strenth is -119dBm to -135dBm.  As I type this, my phone is in Roaming!

The data speed is also crap!  Using Ookla speed test WHEN I am getting a Verizon signal, I get download speeds of less then 3 Mbps and upload speed of .no more than .05.

There are NO steady signal service areas within about a half mile in any direction.

0 Likes