Fraud dept. not correcting fee that was charged!
DKnapp64

I had the very same thing happen as two phones were purchaced for over $1300.  Fraudulant dep't. was the ones that called me.  They sent the $1000 phone to Miami (not sure what happened to the other) after I spent 1.25 hrs on the phone with them.  In thier words " i guess they will deliver the phone anyway as Verizon has the money to cover it". Wow! As they hacked my account they also changed my plan to unlimited data on my 3 phones and the 2 they ordered.  I have been on the phone with Verizon 3x for a total of an additional 3 hrs in which Verizon made no changes, as they stated they would correct the matter.  I paid my regular fee as I normally would and I still see a back charge of $85.  If the don't correct it I will be dropping Verizon for AT&T.

0 Likes
Re: Fraud Department did not take fraudulently purchased phone off my account after they said they d
mama23dogs
Legend

Just an FYI, this kind of fraud happens on other carriers too.  Verizon is disadvantaged as it’s phones are unlocked out of the box.  

AT&T was hit hard a year ago.  They have since instituted 2 factor authentication on their accounts to prevent sign in on unknown devices.  It also can block sign in from out of the country, so there is a down side.

Verizon should consider 2 factor on the accounts as I understand this type of fraud causes loss of 7,000 phones a month.  

0 Likes