Re: Fraud, Lies, Deceit!!!! Whatever happened to customer service
DebraLawrence
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having an issue as well and my entire post was DELETED. I am getting sick of this.

Not applicable

Just post your issue without any personal information, such as names, addresses, employee chat sessions, or employee numbers. Use no profanity and you should be ok to post.

Write out your complaint or issue also without your telephone number or address. Go ahead and try it now. Also don't repeat your issue over and over or it will get deleated.

Good Luck

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

I noticed your post was deleted. I was trying to make you aware that your 22% discount does not apply to the share plan that yuo are on, the issue would be resolved and your discount would apply if you simply changed your plan.

Hope this helps Debra,

Ryan

rcschnoor
Legend

As Elector has stated, if you include personal information in your post it WILL get deleted in order for the moderators to edit out the offending material. After your personal information has been edited out, the post will be returned to the forum.Smiley Happy

DebraLawrence
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ryan,

Thank you for replying! I realize now that this is the case. However, they told me when I signed up that the discount would work with the plan that I had chosen. They told me to choose whatever plan I would like because the discount could be applied to any. Therefore, I chose what I can currently afford at the moment. They have then lead me to believe for the last three months that the discount should still be applied to my account. It has taken them three months to figure out and tell me that this is not the case. I don't feel as if I should be stuck in this contract when they gave me the wrong information, which was directly related to me signing this contract with them. I would not have signed up otherwise, as I knew I would not be able to afford even the plan that I have now with the discount. I want out of the contract and am not willing to pay the $150 termination fee when this is something that has occurred because of the mis-information they have provided me with. I don't think this kind of mistake is okay, especially when it comes down to be a financial issue like this. My daughter even chatted with an advisor today inquiring about the discount my employer offered and he told her the same thing. She could pick any plan she wanted and it would be applied. If she would have singed up and gotten a contract, she would be in the exact same situation I am now. Have you seen anything like this happen before?

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

I have seen this happen before unfortunately. There are other plan options out there for you to have the discount applied to your account and keep you around the price you are at. There is unfortunately no way to waive the ETF of $150.00. I can assure you though that once you figure out what it is you want to do and once you speak with someone regarding your plans that you will be satisfied with the outcome.  So instead of looking into different plans you just want to cancel your contract and leave Verizon? You have the Share Plan with 700 minutes.

I hope this helps.

Ryan

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nic1, welcome to our wireless family. I'm sad to hear that we didn't start off on a good note. Did you purchase your device from our website? http://bit.ly/zpAY1E When ordering a device on our website and choosing a calling plan, you are provided with the monthly access fee and device pricing before closing your order. Perhaps, there was a miscommunication regarding what your wireless needs were and how much your plan would cost. Are you disputing the cost of your device or the calling plan pricing? http://bit.ly/xdDajD

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

The employee discount is able to be applied to your line of service (not data) and every other line under your control on your account. However there is hoop jumping involved. Show a pay stub, answer an email from the verification department, have corporate store take a cooy of your employee id.

This process takes around two billing periods after you have been approved. Now if you were denied for some reason or other that discount is not given it is not on the contract of new service or on singing a renewal contract.

The employer discount can even be cancelled at anytime by Verizon who extends such discounts as a courtesy not as a part of your service.

If you cannot afford the service without the discount it is something you should have considered prior to signing the contract.

The ETF is varying depending on what device you have. If a smart phone its $350 with $10 off for each month up to 24 months to finish your contract.

For a basic phone its I believe $150 with $5 off each month up to 24 months. But that is explained in your cellular service. It is ultimately in your hands how proceed.

Good Luck

0 Likes
DebraLawrence
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ryan,

I do not continue to call in with hopes of having the fee waived. I called in because I was told that the discount applied to the plan I wanted. If I was not told this, then I would not have signed the contract. I have been calling in to find out why I was being charged the full price without the discount. All of the reps that I spoke with told me that it must be a system error, because it had applied and was showing up on the account. I do not think it is okay to provide someone with mis-information when signing up for any type of contract. I was only told yesterday the truth about why this has all been going on. I have been lied to and provided mis-information for several months at this point. As as customer, I just do not feel comfortable with keeping a service that took several months to provide me with the correct information and that told me I was lying when I explained the situation and what had happened. I've been calling in trying to get the correct information, not just what I wanted to hear. I posted the entire chat transcript before so that people could see the mis-information that was being provided, in hopes that someone could help or that I could find someone who had been in a situation similar to that of myself. This has been my first experience with Verizon and it has been terrible. I do not feel that it is right to charge someone a fee that they are not able to afford to pay to cancel a contract that the company provided mis-information about upon the time of signing up and then for three months afterward. That is terrible service. It may come down to the fact that some of their employees are not trained well. You were able to provide me with the information I have been searching for for months, when customer service has been telling me the exact opposite of for three months (in store and over the phone). How is this an okay situation?

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

It is not an okay situation and I do agree with you on this but the issue with the whole situation is... There are only a small number of cases in which you can get your ETF waived, this is not one of them. I do understand you are upset, but is what I am asking is what are you wanting done? You want your contract canceled and your ETF waived?

0 Likes