Fraud Department did not take fraudulently purchased phone off my account after they said they did and now I'm being charged!
stea

I am beside myself as to what to do with this.  I spent literally HOURS on the phone with Verizon after getting hung up on and disconnected in transit and finally got to the fraud department.  They told me they would cancel an order on a phone that was fraudulently ordered using my account (the hacker changed my address to New York City and ordered a $600 phone using Verizon Edge installment plan).  THEY DIDN'T STOP THE ORDER, THEY SHIPPED THE PHONE TO THE HACKER!!!  I spent hours trying to sort this out and nothing was done.  I had to recreate my online account only to find out all of the fraudulent activity was STILL THERE!!  What is this?!  Then I get my bill and they are trying to charge me the installment amounts for the fraudulently ordered phone!  This is absolutely unacceptable and I feel like a needle in a haystack with nobody at Verizon helping me.  I don't even know what to do other than to call again and hope I get a sympathetic and competent human being on the other end of the phone who will help me before I end up paying for a phone I didn't order!  I cannot believe how easily Verizon allowed someone to change my personal account information and shipped a phone with no payment to someone in another city.  Then to tell me that they took care of removing it from my account and then start charging me?  I've been a customer for over 15 years and this is how I am treated.  Anyone out there experience this?  Please help.  I even filed a police report locally to document that I did not purchase the phone.

IF ANYONE FROM VERIZON READS THIS, PLEASE - I NEED YOUR HELP IN RESOLVING THIS. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fraud Department did not take fraudulently purchased phone off my account after they said they did and now I'm being charged!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd suggest calling the Fraud Team again and reference the Police report.  You also might file a Notice of Dispute:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

View solution in original post

Re: Fraud Department did not take fraudulently purchased phone off my account after they said they did and now I'm being charged!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd suggest calling the Fraud Team again and reference the Police report.  You also might file a Notice of Dispute:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf