Fraud Billing
Redsfan12

I have never exceeded my minutes before but I recently received a text saying I was about to. I was taking care of a family situation at the time and had forgotten to raise my minutes to the next level. This apparently was all Verizon needed to charge a 400% penalty for barely going over my allowance. I never received a refund for not using all my plans minutes but Verizon can't wait to screw their loyal customers.  I've had Verizon for over ten years.  Such a disappointment that the loyalty doesn't go both ways. Will be looking for another another carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fraud Billing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Im truly sorry to hear of what has happened, Redsfan12. Family situations are never easy, but I hope things are going better. With regards to your minutes text alert, if you recently received this notice, we want to make sure you do not go over on minutes. If you need assistance, please reach out to our customer support at 1-800-922-0204 so we can help avoid these overages.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Im truly sorry to hear of what has happened, Redsfan12. Family situations are never easy, but I hope things are going better. With regards to your minutes text alert, if you recently received this notice, we want to make sure you do not go over on minutes. If you need assistance, please reach out to our customer support at 1-800-922-0204 so we can help avoid these overages.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter VZWSupport

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Wait...I get that there was a family emergency and I feel for you but why is Verizon's fault for charging you overages? You agreed to the number of minutes you'd have for a billing cycle and also the overage per minute (usually 45 cents) but now Verizon is wrong for hiding you to your agreement? If your billing cycle has not ended you can backdate a change to a higher plan.

0 Likes