Forward restricted/blocked/unknown numbers
AnnieMae

Hi, I've been receiving phone calls from a restricted number at all times of the day for the past 3 weeks and am fed up with it. I've had my phone number for the past 5 years, only about 10 people have my cellphone number (all over a year, everyone else has my home phone number and I don't get these calls at home) and I have never had this problem before. I don't feel threatend (The caller (who sounds like a teenage boy) is cursing me out in Spanish)  but I am being harrassed. I am well past my teenage years and have been married for well over 10 years so I don't think it's personal, just some creep with alot of extra time on his hands.

I already keep my phone on vibrate (because of my job, I am required to either put the phone on mute or vibrate) and turn it off at night. I don't want to send all numbers directly to voicemail because I have young kids (one with medical issues) and if there is an emergency, I need to be able to answer it immediately.

I don't want to track/trace the number and I know that Verizon can't "block" the call; but is there a way that I can forward all restricted/blocked or unknown numbers directly to voicemail? Or send all calls to voicemail except for those on my "call or "friend" list?  

My apologies for the long post but I wanted to include all the information that people might ask when responding to this question.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Forward restricted/blocked/unknown numbers
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
Depending on your device, there could be a way to only accept calls from your contact list. The problem is, telemarketers are getting smarter and using technology to make all their outbound calls through random number generators.
0 Likes
RedneckGenius
Enthusiast - Level 1

i dont know of a way to forward unknown calls to voicemail. i dont know about your phone but on my LG VX8350 in the security settings there is an option to onnly allow calls on your contact list.

0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2
That's what that is, that's the best you can do to block unknown numbers currently, which would in turn block anyone not on your contact list obviously making it difficult to meet new people and contacts that aren't yet on your list.
0 Likes