Re: Filing a complaint for worst customer service
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If it's hardware and the manufacturer is willing to fix it then an option is being presented to you. Yes their long repair time window is inconvenient but if you have a device you can use temporarily it is worth it to have a device that works properly after repair. I don't know if it's possible but you may be able to get a loaner from Verizon. Again, don't know if they'll do it but it never hurts to ask.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Ok. I get it. While inconvenient, if it was a software issue and Samsung didn't release a fix for it then you may well have gotten a brand new phone before day 14 and then on day 15 it could have happened again and you be getting a CLNR anyway.

Software issues are tricky because if it is software it doesn't really matter how many replacements you have. If there is no patch to fix it it will keep happening.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Smarti277 wrote:

The Auto rotation defect. When I spoke to Verizon, they told me it was software related. And instructed me to call Samsung for a replacement.

I spoke to Samsung and was told I was misinformed. The issue was software related, causing the board to overheat and damage the gyroscope. So now it became hardware related. Samsung would only repair the phone, and it would take 4-6 weeks after they received my phone.

This is certainly a questionable conclusion to be made over the phone. HOW was Samsung to know that it had moved from a software to a hardware problem simply by a phone call? Certainly they would be able to tell you it COULD lead to a hardware problem, but without actually inspecting the device, how are they to know it already HAS DONE SO???

The fact remains that it IS software related, just as Verizon told you. Not having the phone to inspect, Verizon had no way of knowing whether or not it had moved from a software to a hardware problem EVEN though the problem IS STILL software related.

0 Likes
cl88

I agree, Verizon has the WORST and inconsistent customer service. Ive been with them for at least 7 years and its always been the same. Why have I stayed? The coverage I guess. But I know every single time I call and get a different rep the information will be wrong, not noted, not followed thru with, etc. Every single time. Finally today I decided I would note the reps name I was talking to and file a negative feedback every time I had to go thru another run of the most inefficient service Ive ever experienced with any company. This time they confirmed a number change two weeks ago that somehow went missing on the day it was supposed to change. I guess they can get away with anything since people keep coming back. oh well. Take the time to call in and ask for the name of the rep you talked to last, the person you speak to can file a negative feedback for whatever problem you had. Its something.

0 Likes