File a complaint
ammani5

I visited the Verizon store in Plainfield, IL today. I wanted to exchange a phone a just got two days ago that was still in an unopened box. The employee, BRAD, was cold and short from the moment we started talking. I explained the other corporate store didn't have the phone I really wanted so I took a different phone. Without opening the box, I decided I wanted the original phone. I explained this to Brad and he stated, "You do know there is a restocking fee." I explained the box was unopened but it didn't matter. He then said I could try returning to the store I original bought it at and ask for a waive of the restocking fee but that they wouldn't do it either. He stated I knew about this in advance and signed the contracts. I told him I had been a customer for over 15 years and asked for a break or credit. He then replied, "That doesn't matter. I have driven an Infinity for over 15 years but I don't expect free gas." He told him that was rude and uncalled for and he said he disagreed. Two other store employees were standing there at the time. I again told him that was rude and walked out. We just bought two iPhone 7s and two Samsung S7s. We are paying over $300 a month for our service so I don't think asking for a simple waive of a $35 restocking fee is too much to ask. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: File a complaint
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is not about waiving the restocking fee or not. Especially, if the phones were activated. Standard procedure is to attach the device to your account and activate the phone BEFORE it leaves the store. The only exception is purchases made between November 1 and December 24 as these can be holiday gifts and are able to be activated later.

However, the phone being activated to a number (even if it is only for 2 hours) means that the device is no longer brand new and cannot be resold. restock fees are clearly outlined on the paperwork that you sign and on your receipt.

Honestly, if the rep said what you claim he did that was out of line but in the end, you shouldn't have purchased phone that you knew you didn't want. You really should have held off and had the original store order it for you or go to a different store where it was in stock.

0 Likes
Re: File a complaint
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

ammani5,

We appreciate the 15 years you've been with us and are appalled to learn about your experience at the store. We pride ourselves on having pleasant interactions at every turn, so we definitely appreciate you sharing this with us so that we can have it addressed. So that we can gather some additional details regarding what's happened, I've sent you a Private Message to your inbox.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes