File a complaint against Verizon
Brazilc65
Verizon Wireless has debited $48.30 (Including Taxes) from my debit account with my permission on 05/25/2014 (VZWRLSS PREPAI - $48.30). After having the Plan of $45.00 Dollars for less than 12 hours, the Blackberry Bold Cell Phone started to show signs of hardware failure, as the phone being paid off, I only wanted to receive a refund of the plan from Verizon as I would not be using their hardware anymore due to its functionality issues.

I have contact Verizon Wireless Customer care and they have denied to refund my $45.00 Dollars while Verizon Wireless refund Policy states the following: "If you signed up for Prepaid Service, no refunds will be granted after 14 days or if your account has been activated. Your activation fee will not be refunded unless you cancel within three days of accepting." (Policy from "https://www.verizonwireless.com/insiders-guide/legal/customer-agreement/"). When I called Verizon Wireless I spoke to the agent named Brianna, she has placed me on hold for 10 minutes while trying to get approval for the refund from her manager Latasha Black in which denied the refund.

As I have contacted Verizon Wireless within less than 12 hours of purchasing their prepaid services, I believe that they should refund my funds.

I have now filed a complaint with the Best Business Bureau

Thank you for submitting your complaint to us.

The BBB that will process your complaint is:

• BBB Serving New Jersey
  • 1262 Whitehorse Hamilton Sq Rd, Bldg A, Ste 202

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: File a complaint against Verizon
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

I upgraded  my plan to the Edge after chatting with a VZW rep. I also had a quote in writing from a local VZW owned store. The next day I found it was $50 more than the chat rep stated & $25 more than I had in writing. I chatted with a rep the next day, they said nothing they could do but for me to return the phones to the store I bought them & cancel. I said I wanted the plan at what I was told via chat. Again no. Then I get  call from CS, same story, can't go the chat rep plan. I said I have two choices, cancel & or go to my local Best Buy store get the same phones, pay my ETF then go with ATT. BB had the phones for almost free after trade in & rebate. This would offset the ETF from VZW, maybe even come out ahead. Well the rep would not budge. What I told her didn't work and I was serious, and very made. I told them I wanted to speak to their Sup. well their in a meeting they will call you in 12/24 hours. I said in a meeting on a holiday weekend and call back in 12/24hrs? Yes they said. I finaly said ok. A shortime lager I get the Supervisors call, yes she said I was in a meeting. I spent about 30min explaining the issue and didn't understand how I could be told 3 amts. I told her the other rep didn't add the Edge fee in. I said that's their mistake, I have it in writing and want the amt. I was told. The Supervisor explained both reps were wrong and should have treated me better and explained everything. Bottom line is she took care of me. Gave me the plan for almost as cheap as the chat rep. After 3hrs on phone & chatting I told her that would work. The rep did make a mistake, I understand but they should have told me all the fees, not just the rate plan & data but include the Edge fees. Had I known how much it was to upgrade I would have waited and did the contract again. Somehow I still come up with  different amt. that what I was told the next day. It's more of what the local store told me. If my plan ends up being what the Supervisor told me i'll be happy. In the meantime I have a copy of the chat to fall back on & the Supervisors name that called me.

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

You know, the BBB doesn't really do anything except track complaints and whether they were resolved or not. Based on that result, they give a company a rating. They can't make anybody do anything.

0 Likes
Not applicable

True in that they cannot compel a company to act. However when people check for how a company acts towards potential customers, that unresolved or negative resolution will cost future customers.

That is why Verizon wireless and other companies resolve issues to safeguard their business.

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

Browse the forum and you will find hundreds, if not thousands, of complaints that Verizon refuses to resolve to the satisfaction of the customer. BBB is toothless and Verizon could care less.

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

If they don't assist i'll contact my AG's Office. I have a quote from chat then verified by another chat rep. Verizon said that the quote didn't include the Edge payment. Now my bill is $50 more than when I upgraded. They have given me two days to return the phones with no restocking fees. I also have  a Supervisors name that gave me a price higher than the chat quote but a lot less than what they say my plan is. Isn't this bait & switch?

0 Likes