File A Complaint- warranty on iPhone 5c -refurbished phones GARBAGE
kellykelly15

I had an issue with my iPhone 5c it was under warranty verizon replaced it with the same refurbished iPhone 5c.  This was 2 months ago.  I have now been through 5 refurbished iPhone 5cs since then.  There has been a problem with every single one of them.  All different, all under warranty.  I am getting really annoyed every two weeks being with out a phone for a day or two and then having to re-upload and delete and send back the "bad phones".  I have asked verizon repeatedly to give me my upgrade early or send me a new phone.  Do something besides sending me the same garbage refurbished iPhone.  How many refurbished iPhones will I need to go through before my contract is up March 2016.  I can guarantee you I will not be renewing my contract in March if this issue is not resolved.  I have been a loyal customer for 12+ years, and I have never received such horrible service.  They are doing nothing to help just waste my time by sitting on the phone with them for hours trying to resolve the new problem on each iPhone.  Verizon is wasting my time and money.

Extremely Annoyed Customer!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: File A Complaint- warranty on iPhone 5c -refurbished phones GARBAGE
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Talk about some extremely bad luck.  What exactly is going on with the devices?  I've heard of folks getting a couple of bd devices but you certainly are the first I've read to have 5 in a row.  Is your 5C still under Apple Care?  If so, try take it to an Apple Store if you can and have them diagnose your device.  If you're still under warranty then they'll replace the device.  I don't know if #6 from Apple would be better but it certainly can't be any worse than what you're experiencing from VZW.  Good luck to you...

0 Likes
kellykelly15

Unfortunately, its past the year warranty from Apple.  So I have the extended warranty from Verizon Wireless.  Each phone has had a different problem.  The phone I have now has black and grey lines through out it- I can't even use the phone because I can't see the screen.  Verizon said this is a "known iPhone issue"   If it wasn't going to cost me 500+ for the iPhone 6, I would certainly go down that route.  But they only thing they are offering me is to pay full retail price for a new phone or accept their garbage refurbished iPhones.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Why are you without a phone for 1 to 2 days? Have they not been mailing them to you?

0 Likes
kellykelly15

because they overnight the phone.  Day 1 I call because phone is already broken.  Day two fedex doesn't bring new phone till 4pm and then i need to reload everything to the phone.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

They need to do better testing before they mail out phones. I went through 6 once, FedEx thought I had Verizon Stock.

Have any of them had only minor issues? Mine the speakers, mic, screen, buttons all wouldn't work.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Even though the phone is no longer under warranty with Apple, they will still test it and try to help you with it. They won't replace it and they may even offer Apple Care to help you out.

A hint that I got from the Genius Bar is to NOT restore from any type of backup. There may be something wrong that is getting into the backup and then getting into the new devices. I tried it and the seemed to solve my issue.

Verizon is under no obligation to let you upgrade early or provide you with a different model or brand new device. The extended warranty you pay for is a continuation of the original warranty and but at VZW's expense. You are just bound to the original warranty agreement.