Fibocom L860-GL
j-a-f

This past week, I received a new Lenovo P15 with a Fibocom L860-GL 4G LTE CAT16 installed by Lenovo and shipped from Hefei, China. Today, I visited a "company owned" (not a franchise/reseller) Verizon store to acquire a SIM and to activate cellular service on Verizon. When the Verizon representative entered the IMEI, the Verizon garbage software rejected the IMEI as incompatible. Another representative got involved and was likewise unsuccessful. They installed an unlocked company SIM to test hardware compatibility and the everything worked -- the wonders of the Interweb were rapidly revealed to my P15. However, the store representatives have no way to activate a SIM "out of the box" because of their activation software keeps saying phrases like "unsupported", "incompatible", or similar. They called their technical support to attempt to push the activation through and were unsuccessful. Is anyone else having a Fibocom L860-GL issue with Verizon? By the way, I use Verizon with a Sierra Wireless modem on my P70 and it works very well.

0 Likes
Re: Fibocom L860-GL
j-a-f

Ha,

In my previous post, I submitted "the Verizon P.OS software" and the word "garbage" substituted for P.OS.  I wrote "P.OS" (without the dot following the P) to mean "point of sale" not a vulgar expression.  It was not my intent to suggest that I believed some software written by/for Verizon was "garbage".

I cannot wait to see what I "wrote" with this submission...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, j-a-f. Our system recognizes approved devices that are guaranteed to work in our network. We do this to protect our customers and ensure no problems arise in the future. We are happy to know service is working on your device, and that you have not had any issues. DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
j-a-f

Hi,

Understood, but I have a BIG issue with your last sentence.  Your company store is unable to activate a SIM to support my cellular modem.  That is an issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

j-a-f I can understand your concern, and I wish there were a different way to activate all devices, but some devices will not work 100% on our network, which is we can't connect them to the network. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
BenThinkin

Hello, were you ever able to find a solution to this? I have a thinkpad with the same wireless card and am looking into options.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your device work on our network. You can use this link to make sure that your device is compatible with our network: https://www.verizon.com/onedp/byod#/deviceType .

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the SIM card slot is same size, have you considered getting a SIM card activated on a different device that you already know to be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network? Once activated, you can move the now activated SIM card to the preferred device. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes