Fed up with Verizon.
jbnowak

I have been with Verizon about 15 years.  We spend about $350 per month with this company.  We are 3 months away (May 27, 2015) from the next upgrade date on our account and my wife's phone becomes unusable.  Instead of taking care of a loyal customer, Verizon says that 3 months is too long from now to allow an early upgrade. Instead, they force us to spend $100 for the deductible to replace my wife's outdated phone.  Then they'll surely want us to come back in a few months to upgrade and extend our contract.  Not this time.  We are done.  I am tired of overpaying to be with a company that obviously does not put a premium on customer loyalty.  Hopefully more people will start to do the same.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fed up with Verizon.
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

There is no such thing as loyalty in the cell phone world, you agreed to your 2 year contact regardless of what you deem as a resonable time frame for when you should be able to upgrade. You signed the dotted line for 2 years stating that you can not upgrade prior to the upgrade date. Have fun at your new carrier.

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Isn't that why you've been paying for insurance all this time? In 3 months you can sell your wifes phone for the $100. You'll get the same loyalty program no matter which carrier you go to. Just make sure they have the coverage that you require.

rcschnoor
Legend

If you didn't want to pay the deductible on the insurance, why had you not already discontinued paying for insurance. It seems like a waste of money if you don't want to use it for its intended purpose???

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbnowak,

I have to pay for a phone deductible too, so I can understand how you feel. I also do not want you to feel like we do not care about your loyalty and would not want to lose you over this experience.  It is unfortunate that your wife phone is not working properly but the insurance replacement is good quality phone. Once you are eligible to upgrade you can then decide to trade in your phone and recieve a gift card for it.  Check it out: http://bit.ly/GGnDDC 

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

I can understand your frustration and know how tough that can be. I have read all the replys and did not see a suggestion you might want to think about. If money is something you cannot stomach giving up. Here is an option I do not know if they offered you. Some Verizon stores have some discounted remanufactored phones if you just buy it out right you could still upgrade in two months. Or you could also pay what is left on the phone and update early which could be cheaper than the actual insurance premium. I would like at both options on that. Sorry about your situation. You can usually also find used Verizon phones on ebay as well. I pay for the insurance for a reason and would really use that. Also consider getting on the edge program so you are not waiting 2 years to upgrade your phone. If the phone did not receive any damage you can trade them in a little over a year for a new phone. With the discounts they give you, you actually come out better without having to wait the whole 2 years. But if you do this switch the edge program you eventually not really under contract besides paying for the phone. Which you pay off what is owed on the phone and get a new one. I use it and love it. Can almost get it for free if you do not mind a little older of a phone and end up upgrading to a newer phone almost every year and half. Something to think about on your upgrade. I been trying to tell everyone if you want to be up to date or just want a phone it is really the way to go these days and ends up saving you money. Hope you get it all worked out as Verizon to me is the best cellphone company out there as far as coverage goes.

0 Likes