Family Plan cancel/EFT
SleepyOgre

I'm currently paying for a family plan with 4 lines for me, my wife, and my parents.  My parents' lines are out of contract.  My wife and I are under contract until Sept 2015.  If I want to cancel my wife's line and my line, do I just have to pay the EFT for those two lines and my parents just become the account holders or does it affect their lines somehow?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Plan cancel/EFT
Not applicable

You will have to do what's called an Assumption of Liability or AOL to have them take over the account. Just go to a store and they can handle it. As long as their credit it good they should be ok. Verizon may require them sign a one year service contract.

0 Likes
SleepyOgre

I will still be paying their phone bill, so can I remain as the account holder even if I don't actually have a line myself?

0 Likes
Not applicable

well then you just make one of their 2 lines the main line then remove your two lines. The account holder technically owns all the lines anyway. then the bill will still be in your name

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It saddens me to see you are thinking about canceling two lines on your account SleepyOgre! Allow us to provide some clarification. Most importantly, why were you thinking of canceling the two lines on the account? Is there anything that we can help with to avoid disconnecting the lines?

If your wife's line and your line are under contract and are disconnected prior to the contract end date you will be billed the Early Termination Fee for the two lines. The two remaining lines will stay active on the account. If the account is currently under your name, the two remaining lines will remain in your name. You do have the option to complete an Assumption Of Liability. This will allow your mother or father to take over the account and transfer the two remaining lines in their name. For additional information regarding Assumption Of Liability click, http://vz.to/1JQqZVI

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
SleepyOgre

My wife and I are teaching abroad for a year.  We looked into suspending the account without billing so we could resume it when we return, but have been told the maximum time we could suspend is for 180 days.  We would still be out of the country in 6 months and would have to pay for service that we would not even be using.  I am looking into cancelling because the EFT for both lines may be less than the amount we would have to pay over the remaining months.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If they are both smart.phones

Then is $350 minus $10 per month completed on contract. Suspend without billing will hold the time the contract will expire so it'll never change.

So looks like you have roughly 9-10 months left so you looking.

$210-230 per line at this current moment. Don't know exactly when you contract begins and ends.

If they are basic phones it will be cheaper

$175-$5 per month completed.

0 Likes