Family Locator will not download "Cannot proceed.... 192"
DM317

I have been unable for days to download family locator (member) app onto an LG Cosmos 2.  I have read all the directions and followed them exactly.  Location services are ON.  There are NO service blocks on the line.  I have checked for software updates.  I have turned the phone off, removed the battery, and turned it back on.  I have been able to access other data products on the phone.  Each time that I attempt the download, after about 90 seconds I get an error message that says "Cannot proceed, try again later, 192".  I have not been able to find any reference to error code 192.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Locator will not download "Cannot proceed.... 192"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want to ensure you're able to easily able to access family locator. I appreciate all that you've done thus far. Not all basic phone devices will be able to download the member app. If you've attempt to download by completing the following and it still does not complete the update the application may not be available for the device. 

Menu > Get It Now or
Media Center > Get Going or
Tools On The Go or
Browse & Download > Get New Apps > Travel & Navigation > Family Locator Member.

Has the family locator feature been added to the account?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
DM317

Family locator has been added to the account. The account website tells me to download it to the phone. According to the website list of phones that can be used with family locator, this phone is family locator capable. I am able to find "family locator member" in Media Center and start the download, it just never completes.

Originally I was trying to add it to the cart directly. Today I figured out that I have to enter the description for the app, scroll to the bottom, and select "Free Monthly" and then accept data usage.  The app begins to download, downloads about 70%, and then stops. I am no longer getting the "192" message.  Now it just fails to download, the phone restarts itself eventually and asks me if I want to retry.  I have tried both allowing it to retry and completely deleting the app and starting over.

I went to the Verizon store and spent over an hour there where they repeated all the things I've already done, deleted all of the apps from the phone which were able to be deleted, did something (???) to the data settings, there is plenty of memory available on the phone and the phone is connecting and downloading, but the download won't complete.  I've now used almost 5 mb of data partially downloading the app before the download fails.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get to the bottom of your download concerns DM317. I know how important it is to ensure you are able to use the benefits of Family Locator. When you went into the store location, did they verify there are no restrictions on the account to prevent you from downloading items from Media Center? Have you also verified the software on the device is up to date?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
DM317

It was verified at the store -- there are no restrictions on the account, the phone is compatible, the software is the latest version, location services are on, and the account is set up for family locator. There is plenty of memory available on the phone, the only thing stored on it are two numeric contacts. The phone has now used over 7MB of data trying to download the family locator app and it still hasn't successfully downloaded.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate all that you have done DM317,
I would like to assist you further, but to do so, we will need to gain access to the account. Since this is a public forum I will have to send you a Private Message. Please be on the lookout for that, and we will see what is going on once in. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW
0 Likes
MarBear1223

I am having the same problem. The app downloads about 60% then freezes. I called Verizon tech support, she told me she had downloaded the app to the phone and it would work now-no.

I tried retrying the download, deleting the partial download and reinstalling it. Shutting the phone down and trying all that again. No luck.

Took the phone into my Verizon store, where I bought it yesterday(!). They looked at it. I explained it had been frozen in the same place for 45+minutes. They told me the phone was slow to download apps, it was still downloading and be patient. Well, 2 hours later it's stuck in the same place!!!

Please contact me directly also.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MarBear1223!

We can certainly look into why you are not able to download the Family Locator app. Are you currently connected to the 4G network, or to WiFi? What make & model phone do you have? Are you able to download any other apps? Please provide some additional details, and we can work to resolve this so you are able to download this app.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
momteacher3

I have the exact same issue and error code and have followed ALL the same steps and verifications. I am BEYOND frustrated with this issue. I pay for Family Locator service, therefor, I expect it to work. Please help fix this issue. LG Cosmos 2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the concern, momteacher3. I want to make sure that all the features that you're paying for is working the way it should. I would really like to have a chance to review the details of the account to make sure that everything is set up on our end the corerct way. I did request to follow you and sent you a Direct message, can you please respond back to that message.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes