Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,666 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Family Locator provides totally wrong location - off by 2500 miles!
HERBLIN84

i am in San Francisco as I write this.  Family Locator provides my location (i.e., the location of MY phone) as being in Boston!!

Sometimes it does provide my current location.  But never has it been this far wrong.

My phone is a Google Pixel 2XL.

Help?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Locator provides totally wrong location - off by 2500 miles!
rcschnoor
Legend

I have found this to sometimes be a problem when connected via wifi. Some wifi hotspots have their locations set to the corporate headquarters of the company providing the wifi. In the past, this has sometimes given my phone's location hundreds of miles from my actual location. This is why you must manually set your location whenever you use wifi calling if you want an accurate location for your device.

0 Likes
Re: Family Locator provides totally wrong location - off by 2500 miles!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HERBLIN84, we want to ensure that you are able to get the best service possible when using your Family Locator app. At this time, please attempt to uninstall the application from your device and then reinstall it. Once this has been completed, check the line you are seeing issues with and let us know if the correct address /location is listed. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes