Family Locator on the sly
underoos

If I download the Family Locator onto a teen's phone, will they know it?  Mine would be a) livid and b) use it as a decoy if it was known.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Locator on the sly
budone
Legend

Yes they will know. There is either a visual or audio notification but I do not know which. There may even be a SMS text. I just know they are notified.

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

In addition to the information budone has provided. I have listed additional information on the family locator below.

• If the Locatee device DOES NOT have the downloaded Family Member Application resident on the device, then during the location attempt a free text message will be sent to the Family Member’s phone that is being located, informing them by whom and when the locate attempt was made.
  • If the Locatee device HAS the downloaded Family Member Application resident on the device, then during the location attempt (2 minutes or less), the phone will display “locating”. No text message will be sent. 
Click here for additional information on the family locator http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%20Services/family_locator.html

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

underoos wrote:

If I download the Family Locator onto a teen's phone, will they know it?  Mine would be a) livid and b) use it as a decoy if it was known.

Thanks!

your the parent you set the rules.  there must be reasons.  sit down with your teen and discuss these things and tell them you will most likely be installing the locater.  go over consequences if the use it as a decoy.  if they dont agree, its simple, they dont leave home.

again this is more of a parenting issue then a phone issue

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
I agree. So what if they are livid? You are the parent and should make the rules.
0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

SydneyK wrote:
 You are the parent and should make the rules.

Key word, should. That seems to be the problem.

0 Likes