Facebook sms verification codes - not arriving
Verizonuser66

I cannot receive any the verification codes from Facebook.  I can receive verification codes from any other source.  This problem began this week, it worked fine in the past.

0 Likes
Re: Facebook sms verification codes - not arriving
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizonuser66, is this for two-factor authentication when logging in to the account?

0 Likes
Verizonuser66

Yes.  But I’ve solved my problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizonuser66, we are glad to hear that you have found a solution. Was there anything additional we may assist with? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
MeKaylaW

How Did You Solve Problem? I’ve Been Waiting 4 Days On Text Code.

0 Likes
Nick137

I had this same problem, here'smy fix: I just got a new phone. Facebook had my prior carrier (Sprint) as well as my phone number saved, so FB thinks some other Carrier/App had hijacked my number now that it's on Verizon. Thankfully, I was already logged into facebook on my computer and/or older phone/tablet, so a notification there will arise asking if the new phone is really me. I confirmed it. On my computer, I also went into FB Settings, then Security, then removed my phone number, and then re-added it. I instantly got a SMS on my new phone, and a log in code. Perhaps you could try even logging in on your new phone before adding your number back in the Security section. I have re-enabled sms 2 factor authentication and things are fine now. (User reviews on Google Play store say do not use Google Authenticator since it is tied to your thumbprint stored on your phone  and can be lost if your phone is ever lost). 

0 Likes
Nick137

Some people are saying change your Samsung sms app to something else, such as the stock app Verizon Messages+ and the code sms will show up if you open the VM+ app. It's worth a try. 

0 Likes
Lynntaggart12

How did you solve this problem???  This is VERY frustrating!

0 Likes