Re: Facebook SMS text verification code not being recieved. Locked out.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbcrouch33, 

I am sorry to hear that you are not receiving the verification code text from Facebook. We want to make sure that you are able to use this feature. Have you ever been able to receive texts from Facebook? What action are you trying to complete when Facebook texts you? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
MPM829

I'm also unable to receive Facebook verification texts.  I'm able to receive texts from everything and everyone else to this point.  The correct phone number i entered in Facebook, and I have re-sent the verification code multiple times, but nothing is coming through.

I manage my company's Facebook page and am required to verify this phone number in order to complete my location and identity verification to continue managing the page.  I urgently need to resolve this problem.

I have tried sending the confirmation text from both the web interface and the mobile application.

0 Likes
MPM829

Actually, I just found and resolved the problem (for me).  Under 'Mobile Settings' in Facebook the permissions to send me texts had been disabled for some reason.  I used the green 'Activate' button there, which triggered the same verification text prompt, but actually (and immediately) sent a verification text.

Please delete my initial post above, but leave this resolution response for anyone else who may be encountering the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MPM829, we are glad that you were able to locate and correct the problem on your own. Please reach out to us anytime you have a question or need our help. 

The best places to get help right away is on Twitter @VZWSupport or on our Facebook page Verizon

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
taylorh10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have figured out that Verizon blocks any SMS with the words “verification code” in the message from a non-verizon number.

I have tested this sending text messages from T-Mobile, AT&T, Google Voice.  All text messages go through unless “verification code” is in the message.  Those are quietly blocked.  Note that they aren’t block when sent between two verizon phones.

Coastalzone

The same thing is happening to me. I forgot my password to Facebook. They have sent multiple SMS texts to me that I have not received.

0 Likes
Coastalzone

what should I do to resolve this issue? Facebook does not respond...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get to the bottom of this.  Are you having any issues receiving any other text messages?  What type of phone is this happening on?

0 Likes
Coastalzone

No, I am receiving all other SMS texts from bank. Etc.

0 Likes
Maybemelissa

What was the number 

0 Likes