Extremely slow 4g LTE speeds
brokenknee271
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently speeds have been worse than dial up. Currently downloading something at 25 kb/s when i have 3 bars of 4g LTE service. During the daytime, my phone says i have service but it's pretty much non existent. Typically speeds get faster after 1am but wondering why if I pay so much for data, am I getting horrible speeds while my phone has decent service. I'm on the 24gb data plan and currently have 18gb left for the month but the speeds are so slow, I could barely load this page.

Labels (1)
Re: Extremely slow 4g LTE speeds
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dialup speed max is 56 kbps or 7 kB/s. 25 kB/s is 200 kbps which is technically 3G speeds. There might be a tower issue if you are getting that speed while not being restricted by Safety Mode or the unlimited's 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data limit.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brokenknee271
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, an hour after I posted this my download speeds picked up to about 200kb/s. But once again today during the day, it was super slow. Slower than the 25kb/s I was downloading at last night

0 Likes
jacob_l123
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are having slow speeds at home, call customer service and ask for a network extender. It connects to your WiFi network to provide better speeds and call quality to your phone while using 4glte . If they know that you have bad coverage, they will usually give it out free of charge. That is the best that anyone can do without building a cell tower.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they are using a Jetpack or their phone's mobile hotspot to access the internet at home, a network extender isn't going to help them much as it needs a landline based Internet service to work properly. If they have a landline based Internet service, they don't need to use a Jetpack or the phone's hotspot at home.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brokenknee271-

I feel your need for speed and want to do everything I can to help. You mentioned that you've been experiencing these types of speeds recently, can you tell me more specifically when this started? Are other Verizon users experiencing the same concerns as well? Does this happen in one zip code (if so, which) or everywhere you go?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdcrothers
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem we are having is not with our phones but with our MIFI Tower not working ****************************************************************************************************

We had the speed we were promised (15 - 17 MBPS) for only 4 or 5 days

We have not had more than 500 - 600 KBPS for the past 2.5 months

and Verizon's "Customer Support" personnel who **********************************************************

Lied to us when we purchased the tower (Verizon store)

Lied to us when we purchased "unlimited data"  (Verizon store)

Lied to us when they told us they were initiating a "special work order" to determine why we were not receiving 4G speed (Verizon store)

Told us that if we don't like Verizon internet service we should "just go back to Windstream"  (Verizon store)

Told us that we needed to install the antennae on the tower that came with it. Essentially called me a liar when I told them that no antennae was in the box. Showed me what an antennae looked like (holding in his hand) but would not give it to me even though he said we had to have one and none came with the unit. Told me I could buy one on EBAY.  (Verizon store)

Told us that "Unlimited" changed after we bought it and now we are limited to 10 G per month (Verizon Customer Support)

Offered no reason for us supposedly using more than 10 G of 4G (Verizon Customer Support)

Did not offer any explanation for why we supposedly used more than 10 G of 4G within the first 36 hours of our billing cycle when only my wife was at home and she did not turn on any devises other than her IPhone and she ensured that the WiFi was turned off.  (Verizon Customer Support)

Only offered to sell us additional data over and above our "unlimited data plan"  (Verizon Customer Support)

THIS ALL STINKS OF "BAIT AND SWITCH"

Are you sensing my frustration yet ?!?!?

brokenknee271
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd say 6 months. I use my phone as a hotspot at home because the only other internet service available is satellite. My brother has a different phone and doesn't use it as a hotspot and experiences the same issues I have with slow speeds. My zip code is 22923 but when I go to different other places speeds are over the place. The only time during the day I get 4g speeds is when I'm at work in the 22902 area code. Phone is a galaxy note 5 if that helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having less than optimal speeds would definitely but a crimp in my data use, brokenknee271. The fact that you get 4G speeds in zip code 22902 indicate that your device itself isn't the cause. We're still on the case and would like to clarify something to get to this issue resolved. When you say that speeds are all over the place in other locations, please elaborate on that further. Is this happening in the same zip code or in multiple zips?

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brokenknee271
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens in multiple zip codes. The majority of my data usage is while i'm at home in the 22923 area code. My main concern is how slow the data is during the day time then after say 1am, my speeds are perfectly fine. That is until about 6 or 7am when it starts slowing back to a crawl. Today during the daytime, i had 2-3 bars of 4g yet the faster speeds i saw were 200 kilobits or 25 kilobytes per second. 

0 Likes