Extremely poor cell service.
Klvett

We’ve had exceptionally poor service on the New Hampshire and Southern Maine Seacoast (Portsmouth, Rye, North Hampton, Hampton, Kittery, etc). This has been going on for a couple of months at least. It is not an isolated incident. After reading the posts on this community forum it seems like this problem isn’t a local one. I can’t imagine that Verizon doesn’t know what’s going on. Can you just let us know? I am paying for cellular service that I’m not receiving. I can rarely use my iPhone without being connected to WiFi. Too much traffic? Poor infrastructure? Conversion to 5G? What is the problem? It’s very frustrating. 

Would I pay my electric bill if I only received electricity occasionally in one of the rooms in my house?

0 Likes
Re: Extremely poor cell service.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer myself so I understand the importance of having reliable service Klvett. I am concerned that you are having poor service in several locations. You have reached the right person to help you. Can you please provide me the nearest intersection and zip code on where you are having this issue right now? Can you tell me more about what is going on with your service? Please elaborate on what "poor service" means so I can better assist you. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

use wi-fi if you have it, does the phone work if you leave the residence?

0 Likes
dmetz10050

No

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmetz10050,

We're here to support you. We want to be sure we have all the necessary details to best assist. Kindly elaborate sharing details. Describe what happens when you attempt to use your service. How long has this been a concern? What city and intersection are you having troubles at?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
DieHardPhotog

We can not maintain a phone call connecetion in our home. When we first switched over to Verizon, three years ago, we were able to talk anywhere in our home, upstairs or downstairs without problems. Now we can't hold a conversation for more than 2-3 minutes before the call drops or the party on the other end tells us "you are breaking up a lot... we're only getting a word or two."

We have already tried to switch to wi-fi but that only holds a call for about 5-10 minutes before it just disconnects for no apparent reason.

Our family has 5 lines with 3 different models of phones and everyone has the same problem so the issue is definitely Verizon's responsibility to resolve.

We have reported this before but with no satisfactory results. We are already researching new carriers. If this doesn't get resolved within 30 days we will be switching because there's entirely too much cost involved not to be able to conduct business over the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DieHardPhotog, we value you as a customer, and would never want to lose you. Although we can't guarantee service indoors, we can certainly understand the need to be able to conduct business over the phone. To gain clarity, does the problem persist in multiple locations, or only when you're at home? How far do you have to travel before your service improves? Are other services affected (data/text messages)?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes