Extremely bad experience with customer service
vick111

My latest bill has about $225 in international call charges. It had 3 calls in March to Egypt for about $190 and approx $25 in roaming charges that I disagree with. I do not know anybody in Egypt and do not have any reason to call anyone in Egypt.

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone today shuttling between different departments of Verizon trying to get this point across but no luck. First I called customer service, they verified the charges on their end and couldn't do anything. They transferred me to the fraud department, again verifying myself, explaining the whole story, I found out I was transferred to the wrong Fraud department, it should have been network fraud not device fraud.

So now I was transferred a third time to network fraud, verified my information all over again, explained my issue all over again, the rep did a check for 5 mins and came back with the conclusion there is no fraud on my account and she can't do anything. I was transferred back to customer service.

This time I asked for a manager at customer service, verifying my information for a fourth time, explaining my issue all over again, she looked into my account for 5 mins and basically came back with the same story....Verizon refuses to remove the charges and claim the calls were definitely made from my phone intentionally or inadvertently.

Then she transferred me over to Global services department, again it was a completely new call, I had to wait in line, again verify my information (5th time), explain my issue because I'm still certain I never made any calls to Egypt. She transferred me over to technical support where to no surprise I had to again verify and explain my issue for a 6th time...she checked her tower networks and everything else technically and came back with the assertion that nothing is wrong at Verizon's end and I do have to pay that amount.

Now I just had the presence of mind to check my call history records on my phone and luckily they are still there. I have the exact time and date as the verizon bill but they 1-877 and 1-800 toll free US numbers not Egypt numbers. Thankfully I have some proof that VERIZON IS LYING and REFUSING TO ACCEPT BLAME.

Please let me know to whom I should send the screenshots of my phone records showing the date and time stamp of calling US toll free numbers which VERIZON has charged me as EGYPT international charges. (there is no email on your ew

This is an absolute disgrace to Verizon's billing and customer service departments, if I didn't have proof on my phone, I wouldn't have any evidence to fight this charge.

Labels (1)
0 Likes