Re: Extremely SLOW data speeds!!
MARIESDAD

This problem showed up in early June of this year. I have 2 iphone SE's, an iphone 6S, a iphone 4S, a 4th generation iPad and an unlimited (high data usage) 4620LE jet pack as well as two PC's and several network devices in use. My zip code is 30824. The tower that I receive signal from is located on Wire Road just off of Hwy. 17 south of the City of Thomson. My data speed used to average 4-6 MBPS (which is just barely usable in the realm of high speed data) for the most part. Rarely did I see better than that and occasionally I would drop to +/- 1 MBPS for a short time. The speeds 1500 feet north of my house are exponentially better than what I have at my house. I am in the Kbps range usually and some of the time I am at NOTHING. And I am not exaggerating with that statement. I can walk the roadway and perform repetitive speed tests with multiple devices using multiple testing software and without fail I lose all usable data speed at the exact same location everytime. This is very disconcerting given the fact that I have been using Verizon's services for over 10 years and have been using 4G LTE services for about 5 of those 10 years at my present location. Customer Service confirmed that signal strength at my location is not what it should be nor what it was prior to the start of June of this year. I am paying for a service which was available when I signed up for it and is now unavailable. And I am being told that if I don't like it, I can return devices which I have been paying for without any type of compensation for those devices and discontinue my service.

Thanks In Advance!

Randie [Removed]

A.K.A.-??The Waterboy

Letting the H2O flow

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It may be time to look for a provider with better signal in your area.

MARIESDAD wrote:

And I am being told that if I don't like it, I can return devices which I have been paying for without any type of compensation for those devices and discontinue my service.

Or you could sell the devices on your own and recoup a portion of the cost you had for those devices.

https://swappa.com/buy/devices/verizon

I can't think of ANY provider which would purchase back your devices if you choose to switch providers. Not sure why you think Verizon would or should do so.

MARIESDAD

Its a good thing that I dont care what you think. Maybe you didn't understand the part about Verizon admitting that things have changed on THEIR end? Imagine buying a car and after paying half of the loan back, the manufacturer disables the vehicle and tells you that you have two choices. You can continue to pay for an unusable vehicle and keep it when you finish paying the loan back. Or you can give it back to them and they keep all of your money and resell that vehicle to someone else and you can go buy another one from someone else. Remember that paying it off and keeping it means that you own something that cannot be used for the intended purpose when you purchased it.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

MARIESDAD wrote:

Its a good thing that I dont care what you think. Maybe you didn't understand the part about Verizon admitting that things have changed on THEIR end?

No, I didn't miss that part.

MARIESDAD wrote:

Imagine buying a car and after paying half of the loan back, the manufacturer disables the vehicle and tells you that you have two choices.

So Apple disabled your phones????

MARIESDAD wrote:

You can continue to pay for an unusable vehicle and keep it when you finish paying the loan back.

So when the roads around me with so many potholes to make them almost un-drivable, I should have Toyota purchase my car back??? Wasn't aware that Toyota had such a program.

MARIESDAD wrote:

Or you can give it back to them and they keep all of your money and resell that vehicle to someone else and you can go buy another one from someone else. Remember that paying it off and keeping it means that you own something that cannot be used for the intended purpose when you purchased

it.

Did you miss the part where I suggested you SELL the device? Verizon DOES have a recycling program, however you will not get anywhere near market value for it like you would if you sell it yourself. The same goes for selling a car you no longer want. You will ALWAYS get more for it by selling it yourself than you would get from a dealer.

Good luck. Not sure why your reply started with such animosity as I was simply posting a suggestion. For what it is worth, all of your iPhones except for the 4S I believe should work on any other provider.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARIESDAD,

Our goal is always to provide you with the very best possible service. No network can provide perfect service in every location but we're always here to do all we can. I sent you a private message. Please reply back when you're able to so we can check any other options.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

debbiecastilo,

Everythng checks out in that area with no open concerns.Let's keep going. How are calls and texts? What other patterns aside from the plan change have you noticed?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SONSTL44

Zip code 92055 is experiencing data crawl (Hot Spot) issues or no data at all. At times it is fails to log-in to Hot Spot.

0 Likes
woodsguy70
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a long time Verizon customer, the unlimited plan drop to 3g is ridiculous. Works fine to you do this. That's not really "unlimited". I don't want to change as I'm rural too but am looking at options. Zip 77320

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

woodsguy70 wrote:

I'm a long time Verizon customer, the unlimited plan drop to 3g is ridiculous. Works fine to you do this. That's not really "unlimited".

Just out of curiosity, before Verizon had a 4G LTE network but instead only had a 3G network, does this mean that the "unlimited" data they were selling then wasn't really "unlimited"????

rdhaley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also been experiencing blazing slow 4G LTE, 2-3mps in most cases in zip 83634. I am rural but used to have great speeds so I am spending a ton of money for a big data plan to use for streaming because my options for a home internet are limited. Now my LOS 4mps wireless home network is faster than my 4g from Verizon.

I submitted a case for this a couple of months ago and the response was spotty then my speeds came up to ~12 for a couple of hours then back down. When I told them this they pretty much said our stuff is working so there is nothing we can do. The thing is mine is not the only phone that is slow, everyone in the house has the same problem.

Seems that Verizon service, options, support etc are all slipping at a rapid pace. Hopefully when they get enough complaints they will actually attempt to respond in a supportive manner.

Guess I will contact support again and see if I can actually get this fixed before I start shopping around.

0 Likes