Re: Extremely SLOW data speeds!!
rkroles

It’s 2019 and I have been saying this since the day we switched to our unlimited plan.  Speed is horrible and inconsistent! Both phones and jetpack. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We never want our customers to have a poor expierence. What plan do you have currently with us? JasonC_VZW

0 Likes
Igobyme
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same unlimited data plan since Verizon bought Alltel in like 2007ish. Never had that big of an issue and thought they were the best, even after I was throttled and after I called them out on it my data speeds were restored. I even worked for them in the past selling their phones and service. For the last 4 years I've been living in one place from September to about June and during the summer months I mainly camp using my data heavily during those 3 months. I pay a very handsome premium for that plan. Last year I have been using my HTC U11 for internet. Was getting anywhere between 30 to 50mbps during the summer. Very happy I spend so much and felt like a was getting a good deal. For the winter I used Wi-Fi but still paid for my unlimited knowing how much I'll use it for the summer. I'm in basically the same area I was when I was getting at least 30mbps however, now I'm getting about 5mbps! I talked to customer service and the first guy tells me that 4g is 5mbps. I can't even watch a YouTube video at 720p without it needing to stop and load more of the video! They said they would check on it and then sent me a text video basically saying that everything is hunky dory. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm here now because Verizon customer service is only taking calls till 9pm (I know they can't be open 24/7) and I'm sitting here with download speeds of .52mbps and uploads of .15mbps! That's not acceptable. If they are claiming that they are the best and taking on more customers without expanding their Network or bandwidth for everyone, they are not, in my mind, supplying the service for which we are paying for. Either that or they are trying to force me off this  grandfathered unlimited plan to get me on one of their fake unlimited plans. Either way, as of right now, my internet access is basically unusable. Thanks Verizon for sweeping my issue under the rug. Can you hear me now?!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to have adequate speed. We want to help in any way possible. To clarify, what city and state are you having issues?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
Claythe1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My speeds are so slow it is stupid. I can hardly download anything and I am paying for 75g a month.  I didn't have this issue until I changed my plan, which lets me know you guys are being deceptive in your practices.  So many of the same issues coming from these plans and the people who switched to them.  

I can hadly get above 1mbs download now.  The best I have recieved in 2 days is this morning, which was a whopping 1.73mbs. 

My guess is you really don't care and only want us to switch to the 5g plan to bill us more money.  If you did care, you wouldn't have so many people with the same complaint.  You are slowly becoming the worst provider around based on your new speeds provided with your service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Claythe1. It's essential to get the best speed for your needs, so I'm sorry your speeds have been slower than expected. It's our goal to fully resolve your concern. Please check your private messages for details.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Jetprincess
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ill tell you where I am having problems, zip code 76234.  Corner of FM 730 and Cemetery rd.  iphone 7 with current updates and issues began 4 months ago, very slow to no data, 1 bar , dropped calls, no internet connection, text messages delivered hours after they were sent and received sometimes DAYS after they are sent.  I have a network extender totally worthless and interenet is satelite so don't tell me to use it, even thougth it is actually better than Verizon right now.  Oh and the issues, and I mean issues, happen indoors and out, day or night, rain or shime, hot or cold, wet or dry, full moon or not, everyday that ends in "Y"

Begin the canned "we care" response with no actual explaination or assistance now.........while I look for another carrier after 20 some years.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jetprincess, does your iPhone 7 ever say "No Service" across the top of the screen? If so, please remove the case and make note of your model number (it will begin with an "A"). If your model is A1660 then Apple has recalled it and you will need to send your phone to them for repairs.

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
pgreyVZW
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has ANYONE ever had ANY luck, getting this resolved?

I get about 30/0.02-2.0 (download/upload), so obviously something is VERY wrong with the up-pipe here...

I have had a "tier3 ticket" open since my 2nd day with Verizon (coming from  AT&T, for 21 years, but recent "issues" with IPv6 on our unlocked devices necessitated the move), so going on 12 days, now.

I don't know where I'm going next, if they cannot fix this (which is turning out to be the case, apparently), because T-Mobile coverage is terrible in our area, or our "greater area", really, it's fine at our house.

For comparison, I can get 250-300/125-175, all-day-long, with AT&T at our house, and 300-350/150-200, with T-Mobile (AT&T was last tested about 3 weeks ago, T-Mobile test was a couple of months ago, when I was researching my move to Verizon).

I'm sort of "stuck" with Verizon, they "insist there is no issue, that I have multiple-strong-towers, nearby, and 'should be getting VERY fast speeds, both up/down'".

This is on a Pixel 3a-XL, and two OnePlus 7 Pro's, so they're not exactly "slouch phones", they're the same phones that produce the "very high/solid numbers above, from ATT and TMo", so yeah...

Has ANYONE seen a resolution on this, and have any ideas?  I've had them fully-re-provision all of our devices, twice now, and our SIMs are a "whopping 12 days old now", so surely they aren't the issue...
Verizon keeps talking about them being "non-Verizondevices, which stops, once I bring up the Pixel 3a", then they start talking about "terrain issues and the like".

I would *maybe* get this, IF I wasn't getting the crazy-fast speeds with AT&T and TMo, same location(s).

I get CONSTANT call-drops, text-failures, and the like, because our phones are using VoLTE, which (obviously) requires a solid data-connection, BOTH ways, the upload thing is "killing our service", ugh.

0 Likes
pgreyVZW
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, and they sent me a Femtocell (extender), but it's not "registered" properly, it can't get a ISAKMP, from the Verizon key-exchange server.

I'm pretty sure (I dis-assembled some of the firmware to debug it) it's the MAC being corrupt, in "my account", but the Tier3 people are "scratching their heads on that one, too", ugh.

I have port-forwarded ALL the requisite ports (I'm happy to post the list, if anyone wants to see that), AND I've left it in "full hardware DMZ", for >24 hours, and it CANNOT complete the key-exchange, EVER.

So, I've got an "equally-useless Femtocell", to-boot.  

My move to Verizon has been "FAR less than awesome", I feel like I've stepped back to the early 2000's, at essentialy 2G-speeds (when it's not zero-upload at all), so that's great, NOT!

0 Likes