Extremely SLOW data speeds!!
BAJO_REGIO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since Verizon started with "unlimited" plans, my data speeds ( download/upload) went down the drain.  i have contacted their support and tell me to restart my phone so they can reset settings remotely.  Speeds are back for about 2 hours and then drop again.  Anyone in same situation?  I have been in this unlimited plan for 11 years already.

Labels (1)
Re: Extremely SLOW data speeds!!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't have a problem with speed but I am also not on an unlimited plan.

0 Likes
ROBER7JA

I'm experiencing this problem as well and it is very frustrating. I live in the city and always have at least 3 LTE bars and my speeds have recently been extremely slow.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rober7 If you are like me I depend on my data speeds and we are sorry you are having issues. Let's take a look to see what is going on. May we have your Zip Code? Are you having issues with calls, text, or data?

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
debbiecastillo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so annoyed with this unlimited data plan. I am using it as my only internet at the moment. I live in an area where I can only get internet through satellite and it is really bad, but I used verizon as a backup when I had the satellite and it worked really good. When verizon came out with the unlimited plan we chose to drop the satellite and use the unlimited plan. I have contacted verizon over and over and this morning I couldn't even get on facebook. It is ridiculous how much I pay for unlimited and I can't even use my facebook. I am at a point now where I am about to drop verizon completely. Don't know where to go from here!

Thundr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue in Brookhaven, MS (39601).  3 Bars of LTE but Speedtest is showing >700ms and I am getting 11Kbps Download and 1.1Mbps Upload.  Most tests get "Latency Error".  I am on an iPhone 7 Plus.  This has been going on for months.  I have had the local Verizon Authorized Retailer replace the SIM card twice, but still having the same problem.  Other Verizon customers in the area are experiencing the same problem.  15 Minutes up the road in Wesson, MS (39191) I get 20-40Mbps consistently.  Local authorized retailer said they have no clue, and suggested Wifi.  Calls sound like you are in a bucket and fade in and out also.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

debbiecastillo,

We don't want to lose you as our customer. I understand your frustration, especially if you have called in multiple times regarding your speeds. I don't want to repeat any steps you have already taken in your calls as your time is valuable. Please tell me what was told the various times you contacted us regarding the signal issues.

KatrinaN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
debbiecastillo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Morning,I have been told numerous times that I need to reset my network settings and that has been done on all our devices. I have been told it is due to heavy volume on the tower. I have been asked to check my speeds over and over again and they read basically the same all the time. I have been told that they would come out to my home and check the reception. They might have come out but I have never seen anyone. I have been told that they are working on a solution but never given any sort of progress report or anything to let me know that they are working on anything. In the meantime we still can't even check our facebook or email at times. If it does load, it takes forever.We changed to unlimited and dropped our satellite internet when you came out with the unlimited package because we had used it as a backup to the satellite and it worked so good. I have been told so many times that you only get 10gb of 4g service on hotspot and then it will drop to 3g. I could live with 3g and I understand how this works, however they tell me the same thing every time I call. I do know that this is because I can never speak with the same person and the new person doesn't know I have already gone through all these steps. It is a little frustrating to have to do this every time I call which is a lot lately. I pay a lot of money every month for your service but if it doesn't improve, I will have to go with another company who will give me the service I am paying to have. I appreciate you contacting me about the things I have already been told. Please help me get the service I am paying for. I am having issues on my phone with the data service everywhere.

Thanks,

Debbie     

Tags (2)
RLR9X20
Enthusiast - Level 3

Debbie I feel for you as I live on a rural farm with nothing but cellular wireless internet and experience bad data speeds as well. Hopefully tech support will respond to your ticket but you can also check on a key factor. The signal bars on your device don't mean a lot they are just a visual cue. Your device knows what signal strength it is receiving but whether it has a signal strength meter readout depends on the device. For android it is usually under settings>about phone and perhaps deeper under >status. Not sure about iphone but understand it has it or there is an app. The reading is in dbm and most likely a negative number. In order to have decent 4G data speeds the reading must be -100dbm or better which means the number needs to be 100 or lower. If the number is higher than 100 the data speeds will start dropping exponentially with 110 being almost unusable. I mention this because any change in environment, landscape, foliage or building construction can change the signal either by blocking it or reflecting it causing it to cancel out. If you find out your 4G device has 100 or lower number then it is capable of 20 Mb/s or better data speeds which is on par for 4G. Once you know exactly what signal you are receiving with your phone then the "sorry you just have a weak signal" can be ruled out. Also when in the rural area it is unlikely the tower is congested because well you live in a rural area and there aren't many people. There are many things that can cause a computer to slow connection so always check the connection speed using your phone first with an app such as the ookla speed test app which although not accurate still gives you an idea. Of course you may need to drive up to the local tower to download it to your phone but that is always a good thing to do as a test anyway. Hope you get an answer as no one likes not having internet these days.

ps if it has been throttled back to 3G because you reached 10GB of data then it will hardly load a web page especially if you have a weak signal.

0 Likes
debbiecastillo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Morning,Could you please give me more info on where I can find this information on the iphone 7 plus? I looked for it, but I did not find it. I am assuming that you are still trying to find a resolution to our problem?

Thanks,Debbie

Debbie     

0 Likes