Re: Extremely DisSatisifed with customer service over death in family
ExtremelyDisSatisfied
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well thank you. I guess my feeble mind was just too old to understand.

I'm too tired to explain how you  have completely missed the point.

But really, The Edge Program? That's what you think I should try? I guess it's true, there really is a sucker born every minute.

Extremely Dissatisfied,,,OOOUUUWWWWTTTT........

BigKitty
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am here not to judge but I am sorry for your loss.   I never use the phone service I only use mail with them to make my point. But i do agree with you about there attitude of there customer service. It should be thoughtful and put in words that help you understand the real issues not be combative. One of Verzions biggest issues in poor customer service. I too am a customer with 15+ years and just recently as my phones come to end of contract terminate service I am paying off the edge agreement on one phone and terminating its service in December 2 more phones come to contract end. I will terminate that service. the last phone I will pay early terminating service for it. I recently did try the  family plan i get great service everywere while flying or driving to other states i have no issues at all.  I will be paying about $112.00 per month for the same and in some cases better plans that i now pay $280.00 for.  My reason is very simple I am so tired of the amount of false statements made I just lose my cool and the poor customer service. 

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I didn't completely miss your point. You want something that you simply can't have. It is a total loss for Verizon to allow you to upgrade a line of service then turn around and cancel it and waive the fees. When companies suffer losses like that they inly way that they can recoup is to raise the cost of other services. That gets passed to people like me (and you). So no I did not miss you point.

Don't for one second call me a sucker because I have a line on Edge. Let me tell you why. By having that line on Edge I get a $25 discount on the service. So let me do the math for you. The phone is $650 which works out to $27.08 per month. I don't have to keep that phone for 2 years but probably will. If I signed a contract on that line the phone would have cost $200 plus the $30 upgrade fee for a total of $230. So that works out like this...

For phone $650/24=$27.08

Discount $25x24=$600

I am paying $650 for the phone but VZW is giving me a $600 credit so the phone is costing me $50 NOT $230. So tell me, who is the sucker that was born this minute?

You just don't want to listen to anyone who disagrees with you.

Once again, I am sorry for your loss but you really should take a step back and think about it.

rcschnoor
Legend

ExtremelyDisSatisfied wrote:

Profit from death?

The new 2 year contract should apply to the new phone being subsidized.

Contracts do not apply to the "new phone being subsidized". They apply to the LINE whose upgrade you use to purchase that phone at subsidy. If you transfer the upgrade to another line, the contract STILL applies to the original line, not the line you transfer the upgrade to.

You say you want to transfer the upgrade from your deceased husband's line to another line and purchase a new phone at subsidy for the other line with this transferred upgrade. THIS places  your deceased husband's line under a new 2 year contract because the phone purchased IS being subsidized and is tied to your now deceased husband's line. After making the phone purchase, you want to cancel your deceased husband's line which entered into a NEW contract AFTER his death. IF this is the scenario you were attempting, then yes, it does appear you are trying to profit from death. It may not be intentional as you seem to be unaware of how the contract affects the line which transferred the upgrade, but that does not make it untrue. That does not make me a "sick" individual, simply one which has looked at the facts and seen them for what they are.

If this is NOT the scenario you were attempting, then my apologies as I have misunderstood what you were trying to explain.

0 Likes
bballard91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been transfering the upgrades from number to number for years, It even gives you the option to do so online.  When my phone works perfectly I give the upgrade to either an employee who wants it but is not eligable yet, or give it to one of my grand parent's.  Yes it does keep that number active, however in most scenarios it is still cheaper to utilize the upgrade and pay the ETF, than it is to pay for an entirely new phone without the upgrade.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

bballard91 wrote:

however in most scenarios it is still cheaper to utilize the upgrade and pay the ETF, than it is to pay for an entirely new phone without the upgrade.

I agree completely, especially when you get a $450 subsidy and can immediately cancel the line for a $350 ETF.

0 Likes