Excessive data use charges
emanning99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a new customer as of 2/2014.  I ported over four lines from ATT.  When on ATT we had the same four phones (1 iPhone 5S and 3 iPhone 5C's).  We traded in our ATT phones and obtained Verizon versions of the same phones.  Our usage patterns have NOT changed in any way whatsoever.  We our mostly at home on WiFi.  I now find myself in the same boat with about a million other Verizon customers who are being charged excessive data overage charges.  I refuse to dumb down my state-of-the-art iPhone 5S to save data!  That being said, I do have cellular data turned off for most apps and am cautious to always be on Wifi when possible when I am away from home, which isn't very often because I work 40 hours per week from home.  I do not even have a commute to work during which I would use data!!!  Can someone PLEASE explain to me how new Apple iPhones (same models as I had on ATT), with NO change in usage patterns WHATSOEVER, would result in being over on data and going through TWO additional blocks already, when my ATT phones barely even touched my data allowance (which, by the way, I have had to almost double at Verizon to avoid going over)??

Labels (1)