End Robo Calls
KATMANSTU
Enthusiast - Level 2

What if Verizon developed a system where a call is first greeted by a message that says to push button "1" (for example) to continue and "2" to leave a message.  At that point Verizon will either go directly to Voicemail or continue with the call.  The phone wouldn't ring until "1" is pressed.  I'd also suggest giving the user the option to change the numbers so that the Robo callers don't put an automatic "1" in the call. This would also stop calls from call centers where there is a delay form their end to connect with the call.  Just a suggestion.

Labels (1)
Re: End Robo Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

More and more random-dialer programs are making these kinds of calls to all of us with cell phones, KATMANSTU. I love your suggestion, and will see that our developers look into this. Are you seeing an increase with unwanted calls? What model phone do you have?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SASB
Enthusiast - Level 2

These Robocalls have been around a long time and have only become worse... more sophisticated, as of late.

"...will see that our developers look into this. Are you seeing an increase with unwanted calls?"

Who hasn't seen an increase in unwanted calls?

You will see that your developers look into this?  With as long as robocallers have been harassing your customers, you mean to tell me that your developers aren't already looking into - and haven't had time to come up with any viable solutions?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand your concern regarding unwanted calls. We do offer a feature which can help with alerts on potential spam calls which also allows you to report and block numbers. Take a look at Caller Name ID here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/caller-name-id/

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KATMANSTU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really hope that your developers will look into this. Thank you for that.  As another customer pointed out I'm really surprised that no one else thought of doing this?  And if this was done then what difference does it make what kind of phone I have.  Caller ID"S change with every call so it's difficult to block them.  And from my understanding, at least one ring goes through before the caller ID is known.  That result would still mean a lot of single rings.  I can't imagine that the problem couldn't be solved with a simple software addition.  If you're worried about the cost, then charge customers a fee to have that option.  I would gladly pay for it.

0 Likes
KATMANSTU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a flip phone and my wife has a smart phone.  Don't know the models but that shouldn't matter.  Software changes need to be made at your end by implementing something I suggested.  I haven't seen anything regarding this and have since drawn up a flowchart that might explain things easier. Please allow me to send that flowchart to you. My direct e-mail is [removed].  Thanks.

Content removed per Verizon Community Terms of Service

0 Likes
KATMANSTU
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon.JPG

0 Likes