EnVTouch
Tabb
Just got my EnVTouch a week ago and can't decide if I like it or not. But I am having  problem getting my music/ringtones from iTunes to my Touch. Is there a trick that I don't know about??
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: EnVTouch
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

What format are they in? Check and make sure its one of the following:

MP3, WMA, Unprotected AAC & Unprotected AAC+ formats  

If your using the USB cable, make sure the drivers installed through windows. If your on a Mac, I do not know if there is a compatable driver yet.

0 Likes
Tabb
I am on a Mac...and it says M4r (whatever that means) after the name of the ringtone and M4a after the song. Does that mean that I can't transfer them? I had used the Bluetooth connection to transfer 2 songs before, but for some reason it won't recognize these and let me transfer them. Is there a way to change the format to make them compatible?
0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

If they are from I-tunes I would almost bet they have copy protection written into the file. Their are ways of removing that copy protection but I have not experimented with that. I usually get my mp3 free, so I never have that issue when transferring music.

You can always verify if a audio file has copy protections by looking at the file properties to see if it shows in there.

You can also change the file extension to mp3 I think LG phones don't reconize the m4 a format, at least mine does not. so try that, i bet it MIGHT work if its not copy protected.

There are also converters that will convert a m4a file to mp3. I can do this with one of my programs

Good Luck

Message Edited by Carm on 06-22-2009 01:29 PM
0 Likes
joesym
i'm on a mac and had the same problem when i got my touch a month ago. the best way i've found to get music on your phone is to get a micro sd card and move the music to the card using a card reader you can hook up to the USB port on your mac. but you can only move unprotected mp3 files. protected ones won't play. you can tell if they're protected by going into your iTunes folder and looking at the actual mp3 files. if the file icon has a small, gray lock in the upper-left hand corner, it's locked. right now the only way i know of to strip the protection encryption off the mp3s is to burn the music on to a CD and then import it back into iTunes. kind of a pain, but right now it's all i've got. but the micro sd card definitely works for unprotected files. hope this helps.
0 Likes