Employment discount.. I think not!
RandomTghts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where can I find the written policy where it says I cannot have my employment discount if I have a discount from a high plan in more everything? I'm sick of the misinformation from customer care reps 5 said I could use both discounts 2 said I couldn't . Weeks later and hours on the phone I'm being told out of contract I can't use the discount.... Where's the policy on my end that I can read that, the employment verification department said the denied my discount but cannot send me the policy where I'm in violation. This is the hardest time I've Had with a cell phone company.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Employment discount.. I think not!
rcschnoor
Legend

RandomTghts wrote:

if I have a discount from a high plan in more everything?

What does this mean.

I have always thought the policy was that Verizon does not stack discounts. Simply choose the one which words out best.

Regardless, I don't think Verizon is obligated to provide a copy of the written policy. They either choose to give you a discount or they choose not to give you a discount.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
RandomTghts
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the more everything plan 10 gig and above gives you a discount of $25 per line access charge. Employment is a different category being based of of the monthly plan only. Terms and conditions or policies list all the possible ways the provider can choose not to give you certain things, however it's stated in writing because by law it must be disclosed not a thing to be determined by each individual rep. Of the company. Thanks for your input and for future reference you should look into the terms and conditions to see what kind of policies can effect you.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You can get the $25 per smartphone line discount and your employer discount on the data. Or at least I do.

0 Likes
RandomTghts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Had it for 2 cycles then they said it can't be done... That's what I'm trying to fix. Thanks I knew it was possible.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

lewisr13 is correct, the Edge discount of $10/$25 is available even with employer discounts. The month-to-month discount of equivalent value is also available even with employer discounts.

I know exactly what policies pertain to my situation.

If you are attempting to add an Edge discount and are not currently on an Edge plan, you will not be able to do so.

If you want to add a month-to-month discount to a smartphone line access fee to an eligible line, you can do so simply by logging into your MyVerizon, navigating to "Change Features" and selecting that feature to add. Of course, Verizon can change its policies at any time and you could lose your month-to-month discount at any time.Smiley Happy Additionally, once you get the discount, it does not necessarily go on for ever. Your eligibility for the discount can change. If you were to purchase a subsidized phone, your discount would fall off immediately.

The month-to-month discount is not advertised, nor will many Verizon reps either acknowledge or are aware of it.

0 Likes
RandomTghts
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Have month to month and they aren't honoring my employment discount

0 Likes
RandomTghts
Enthusiast - Level 2

TThat's my gripe

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I have lines on month to month and get both discounts. I also have lines on the Edge program as well. That may be the difference, do you have a line on the edge program?

0 Likes
RandomTghts
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have two lines on month to month not edge program more everything plan 10 gig and they won't honor employment discount

0 Likes