Re: Edge Plan Change?!
JoeS_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't sign any new agreement. That's the whole point. If I had, I wouldn't be on here talking about it.

0 Likes
JoeS_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, your employee failed to have me sign a new agreement.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Open your my Verizon online account, go to My Documents and read every purchase or receipt on your account.  Every time you bought a new phone on the installment agreement, you signed it.

JoeS_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found it, signed it, but as I have said probably 5 times now, I wasn't told that the plan had changed. I wasn't even told the name of the plan was changed.  Do you really think I'd be on this forum if I knew of any of these changes? I wasn't told I was signing a new plan agreement. AGAIN, I was under the impression that when I paid 50% of the retail price of the Note Edge, the phone I upgraded to on March 4th of 2015, I would be able to upgrade to a new phone. There's nothing else to be said about this failure in communication.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You still can, you just need to pay off 75% (or 100% and Verizon doesn't want your phone back).  You can pay off and enter a new agreement at any time, and sell the old phone, or pass it down.

YOu might want to look at the prices on eBay or swappa.  You probably can get more selling it than you owe on the phone.  Since I'm the person who buys gently used 1 year old devices, I can tell you the market is very good.  I just bought a mint GS6 off eBay for $324.

Why the change?

Many reasons.  Some customers like a new phone yearly and pass down the previous phone to the kids - not trade it in.  But worse, the trade in process was a disaster, lost phones, damaged phones all made the trade in process more aggravating for customers.  There are still angry posts from customers who mailed in phones only to be billed $300 for a lost, damaged or iCloud locked phone.  Or the reverse, being forced to trade in a phone to upgrade with very little left on the payments, when the phone is worth $300 or more on eBay.   Trade-in is never the financially best option for the customer.

Lastly - no matter what, always read and ask questions.  It's boring, time consuming, and I'm no lawyer, but you need to know your rights and limitations, and you didn't. 

I Won't defend the clerks, but the % payoff changed several times and it was hard to keep track. 

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reading through all this, my advice echoes mama23dogs's -  pay off the balance (100%) and keep the Note Edge, grab the S7 if you want it and then sell the Note Edge on eBay or Swappa to recoup your investment. Any phone purchased now will simply be outright or on the device payment plan (payments spread over 24 months) and "upgrades" or new phones wait until your balance is paid off.

Verizon changed their direction a few times over the past two years and it has caused nothing but cofusion when people have a mix of payment plans and agreements - as evidenced in your case.  The "EDGE" went from 50% to 75% to being abandoned for 100% before upgrades now.  Even contracts are discouraged, and not allowed if you are on the newest  Verizon plan.  The landscape is changing.... (has changed)...

rcschnoor
Legend

JoeS. wrote:

Found it, signed it, but as I have said probably 5 times now, I wasn't told that the plan had changed. I wasn't even told the name of the plan was changed.  Do you really think I'd be on this forum if I knew of any of these changes? I wasn't told I was signing a new plan agreement. AGAIN, I was under the impression that when I paid 50% of the retail price of the Note Edge, the phone I upgraded to on March 4th of 2015, I would be able to upgrade to a new phone. There's nothing else to be said about this failure in communication. mama23dogs

So what DID you think you were signing? First you said you didn't sign anything. Now you realize you did sign something. I find it most likely that they started explaining the Edge plan to you and you told them you are already on Edge and didn't need it explained. Since you didn't even remember signing anything when in fact you did, it is just as likely you don't recall the transaction completely anyway.

JoeS_
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, what is your problem? You think I'm lying? When you purchase something, especially with a debit or credit card, you always sign something. That's why I don't remember signing anything about a new agreement. I figured I was signing because I had to pay the  $123.56 left to get to the 50% mark. I remember the whole transaction, that's why I'm on this forum complaining. First off, don't imply I'm a liar, and secondly, you have no idea what went on during MY transaction. You have no reason to comment on this thread. If you want to, send me a private message with your phone number and we'll discuss this further, otherwise keep your uninformed opinions to yourself.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Community members can't send each other private messages through the forum unless they send follow requests to each and those requests are accepted by the other party.  I don't know what that other person's opinion is on your idea, but I do know I wouldn't accept such a request given the current tone of this discussion thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JoeS_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I just don't appreciate the insinuation that I'm for some reason not being truthful. There's absolutely no reason for me to lie.

0 Likes