Early termination fee free?
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

I initially signed up the end of December 2012, and they've changed my contract to the 3rd of January.  That on top of the move to 24 month upgrades, the contract date change, and the ridiculously deteriorating services here make me want out.  Any of these be enough to get me out without an ETF? 

Secondly, if I were to be able to get out and have my ETF waived, would I be able to get it waived and my contract nullified, then at whatever point I want(a day, a week, depending on when I can get somewhere I'd like new service from) go port my numbers to the new provider, or am I stuck doing it when they say the ETF is waived?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Early termination fee free?
Not applicable

The data change is probably only your monthly billing date.  It is randomly set by Verizon after you become a customer to level out their billing activities.  The change to 24 month upgrades is simply a policy change that is not covered by your contract.  You already received your huge discount for a new phone.  But no, you cannot get your ETF waived.  You can port your number out and pay $350 per smartphone minus $10 per month of service completed.

Are you experiencing a problem that someone here can help you with other that what you listed above?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

the contract starts the day your activate your phone

no chance of getting it the fee waived

0 Likes
Not applicable

The data change is probably only your monthly billing date.  It is randomly set by Verizon after you become a customer to level out their billing activities.  The change to 24 month upgrades is simply a policy change that is not covered by your contract.  You already received your huge discount for a new phone.  But no, you cannot get your ETF waived.  You can port your number out and pay $350 per smartphone minus $10 per month of service completed.

Are you experiencing a problem that someone here can help you with other that what you listed above?

0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's kind of what I figured.  I'm hoping their inability/unwillingness to fix the deteriorated data speeds(in the last 1-1.5 months it's been like old school dial up versus previously fast 3G and the only answers I've been given is to either deal with it or they can order me a replacement phone or hard restroe it and hope it works better, which it hasn't) will be enough here in a little bit to get out of it.

On a side note, is the recent federal universal charge enough to get out? I think that's something that verizon sets the actual rate of(but not positive)

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

fed charge is not set by verizon as far as i know

0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Although not required to do so by the government, many carriers choose to pass their contribution costs on to their customers in the form of a line item, often called the “Federal Universal Service Fee” or “Universal Connectivity Fee”.

http://transition.fcc.gov/cgb/phonebills/samplePhonebill.html

0 Likes
Not applicable

You signed a 2 year contract and, as a result, received a $400 or more discount.  If you want out, pay the ETF.

0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, they also still say their 3G data speeds should be minimum of 400 kb/s.  They're not doing that, so maybe they should honor their end of the agreement...

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

the contract also state they are not responsible for outage, lack of service or no service

0 Likes
Not applicable

My 4G speeds are blazing fast.  The limited amount of time I am in 3G service, speeds are fast, just not blazing.  You must be in a weak signal area.

0 Likes