hawaiian_1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

Leavin to tmob soon

0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fees. (2014)
Not applicable

hawaiian_1969 wrote:

Leavin to tmob soon

T-Mobile may be OK for you in certain areas. I tried them for four months and I can tell you in major cities the service was great. However just a few miles up the road and it was spotty coverage, data was non existent or very slow, (at my home it was blazing fast) and they had WiFi calling which worked great.

But you have to be careful, T-Mobile adds on Premium Device Protection without your authorization, they keep changing your bill closing date, they no longer offer corporate discounts, they have no contracts but you must pay full price for your device. If qualified you may spread out the payments over two years, if credit qualified.

They just raised the price of their unlimited by $10 from $80 to $90 plus taxes and fees.

They have an annoying way of texting you to remind you of when your bill is due.

Customer service is better than Verizon's at present, but they also promise to fix something or give a credit but you may not see it.

I quit them back in November 2013 and told them I was sick of their antics. They actually charged me for service when I did not even start with them. Then when I brought that up they changed my date I joined back and charged me again. I had to jump on them over that, then I kept getting hit with phone insurance and they took it off but next day it was back, took 15 calls to get it removed.

Finally had the correct closing date and yep they changed the due date. It was 7 days before closing date.

After I closed out my account I got a bill for something called "unknown" on the invoice for a month I had left them. I called up they issued a credit. And finally I receive an invoice two months after I am gone for a 2 cent credit. I have now received that credit invoice since December 2013 just figure out postage and printing costs associated with a two cent credit.

I wish you good luck and hope it works out for you!

hawaiian_1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

80 unlimited plan T-Mobile pretty good

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Depending where you are... You may not be happy if you actually do live in Hawaii. I most of Oahu and some neighbor islands for work... Verizon hands down the best and the company I worked for pays for Verizon.

At least take the challenge before committing. May save you the headache.

Not applicable

The new price is now $90 the unlimited data increased to $30 from $20. I am not sure if it means for new customers or for all customers.

Good Luck

MeNMyRC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh I have no problem with taxes, we pay that on everything and the government requires they charge a certain amount.  The ONLY thing I have a problem with at all with Verizon is that they charge the per line fee still.  That adds up really, really fast when you have teens.  The per line fee alone is $40/$50 per line.  That is half of my bill.  I could care less what they charge for anything else (of course within reason), I love the coverage and I really don't want to change carriers at all.   But as I am getting older and my pay is starting to decrease, it would be nice if they would be just a little more competitive especially to long term customers that are extremely valuable I would think.   I have never ben with another carrier, but I know a lot who have and they hated hem.  Service just could not compare.

I don't mind paying for great service either, but it would be awesome if they offered say, 5 year customer gets half off of one line fee if they have 3 or more lines on their plan, one line fee free if you have 3 or more lines, if you have been with Verizon say ten years or more, etc.  Something like that I think would let them corner the market, just about.  They need good healthy competition to keep costs down.

Just some kind of incentive, doesn't have to be ridiculous, to keep long term loyal customers a little bit of a break for being such a good long term loyal customer.  That is all I would recommend.  Everyone loves to save money, especially in our economy today.

0 Likes
MeNMyRC
Enthusiast - Level 2

(removed) I wasn't hating on anyone.  YOU, are the ones that get on these sites and start (removed)

(removed)

I wasn't interested nor trying to give anyone an answer period, (removed).  I was trying to answer anyone's question about a thing!  (removed)

Edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Then how do you expect them to make money to be able to stay in business and build new towers to make the network better when they give stuff away for free like that? I shop at ShopRite for my groceries. Should I get free eggs because I that's where I shop? Should I get free gas from the station down the street because I always go there? I don't understand how people get off thinking that they should get stuff for free.