123crashdavis321

I purchased a verizon bb 9330 through a friend at work.  The verizon online support sates the ESN is not valid.  Is this somthing my friend can clear up? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ESN
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the friend activate a different phone on the line this device was attached to? Did they cancel the line/account and pay the final bill including any ETF charges? Was this device one they had reported stolen or lost and then replaced through insurance?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
j3235

not valid is completely different from lost/stolen and unpaid, and suspended, and anything else. if it were any of those things it would have said so. invalid just means that it's invalid. assuming it is a verizon wireless device, 99.9999% of the time it just means that the ESN is incorrect. a digit is incorrect, for example. or more commonly they gave you the MEID -DEC number instead of the MEID- HEX number for exampled

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi 123crashdavis321,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Were you advised the reason why the ESN is invalid (i.e lost or stolen)? If not, I suggest having the owner of the device contact us in an effort to identify a resolution. We are here if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes